Everything posted by deltaexray
-
Random System Crashes / Unclean Shutdowns (2026)
That actually makes a lot more sense, Thank you for clearing this up the right way! Also, I think I should setup Nut to have better monitoring and control over the UPS?
-
Random System Crashes / Unclean Shutdowns (2026)
Hello I do know that, that’s not even a bad thing. I just say this notification for the first time that said “System Crash“ directly
-
Random System Crashes / Unclean Shutdowns (2026)
Hello, Thanks for your input, I just wanna say: I'm a bit under the weather and quite sick for a few days now, It might be the reason I haven't thought of any these tips beforehand - My Apologies. Anyway, back to what you've said. Yeah I noticed that too, which led me to kind of a wild goose chase to be honest since after checking the IPMI, btw thank you for that tip!, I was as clueless as before since it wasn't showing any signs of answers to figure out what has happened to it. But after some time I figured out what must have happened to it: Yesterday and the days before that, it ran the Loudness Data Analysis from Plex which it does from time - So nothing knew there. Well the fans picked up quite the RPM after some time, given I had 27° in the room it wasn't something to be concerned about but it kept running like that beyond 12PM, the Schedule for these Plex Operations is 11AM to 11PM, so it should've been off by that time but it wasn't. I can only imagine that it kept running like I had described before well beyond 3AM and after that, It crashed for some reason - The exact reason? I have no idea. Temperature? Wattage? Power? Idk. 1. Syslog Server has now been turned on, after Parity Check finishes I'll reboot and figure out why it's not giving me the option to select the folder to store these logs. 2. Already answered this kind of, the IPMI is not showing anything useful, just the Turn On time that was around 3AM ish. 3. Today it has been completely rebooted and when navigating to the IP to login into the GUI, I was presented with the Main Screen to select which drives go where - So basically the screen where you input the encryption phase / file. The Drives are always in the right spot, that has never changed but it tells me the system has crashed since there is nothing which would explain that behavior. 4. Server is on a UPS which is sufficient to let it power off gently and without any unclean shutdowns. 5. Couple Years ago, like in the 6.X era these things almost never happened, I'd go as far as to say these only started to happen in the 7.2/3 era. But like this? It's the first time. Like the system got stuck a couple of times over the years and needed a full hard reboot but that was mostly because I was dumb. A complete system crash, like this, never happened. Why do I know this? Because this message: Has never appeared before. This is the first time. Before you ask: Parity Check Tuning is installed but it hasn't been turned on nor is it running scheduled Checks. So yeah that's all. I'll add new information when I have 'em. Cheers and Thank you in advance! Alex
-
System randomly crashes
Thank you! I have followed the instructions and set it up, after the Parity Check is done I’ll reboot the system and check if the log server works. Thank you :)
-
System randomly crashes
Thank you for pointing that out, In fact the server wasn’t running at all: Screenshot is attached, If you could provide me with the settings that works best It would be greatly appreciated!
-
Random System Crashes / Unclean Shutdowns (2026)
Hello everyone, For quite some time I have encountered random shutdowns, unclean Shutdowns and crashes. Although I never put 1 and 1 together, in the early hours this morning it happened again and I do not have a solution to it or a cause for why it is happening. Attached is the text I was posting in a different thread but after feedback a new thread seemed to be the way to go. Diagnostics are attached. This morning I was wondering why my Server wasn’t showing up within my finder on mac, since is happens from time to time that finder throws it out, I wasn’t really concerned with it - After 3 Failed reconnects I was and If it wasn’t for them, after Plex hasn‘t shown any Libraries after starting it - I was. Quick trip to the GUI and I knew what happened: System Crashed, out of the Blue at roughly 12pm last night, right around midnight. I don’t know what happened or why it happened in the first place. I’ve attached the diagnostics but I’d really appreciate any tips or solutions to or for fixing it. Sick of these unclean Shutdowns for months now Cheers and Thanks in Advance Alex server-diagnostics-20260930-1345.zip
-
System randomly crashes
Okay, will do. And I think the yslog server is already running I might have to check
-
System randomly crashes
So is this thing still on? This morning I was wondering why my Server wasn’t showing up within my finder on mac, since is happens from time to time that finder throws it out, I wasn’t really concerned with it - After 3 Failed reconnects I was and If it wasn’t for them, after Plex hasn‘t shown any Libraries after starting it - I was. Quick trip to the GUI and I knew what happened: System Crashed, out of the Blue at roughly 12pm last night, right around midnight. I don’t know what happened or why it happened in the first place. I’ve attached the diagnostics but I’d really appreciate any tips or solutions to or for fixing it. Sick of these unclean Shutdowns for months now Cheers and Thanks in Advance Alex EDIT: Took the liberty to @ @JorgeB and @silentsnow31802 server-diagnostics-20260930-1345.zip
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
-
Using Kopia to backup Unraid shares
DAWG is quite fitting, kinda saved myself a lot of research for this. Thanks man
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Just a quick feedback: Whenever a Job crashes or fails because of file or size issue, directly restarting it seems to „fix“ it in a way that it works the next time? Idk whats weirder when it comes to that but I‘m currently seeing that behaviour again while backing up 1,5TB worth of Backups. Weird
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
I did not but I‘ll check it out tomorrow, this may work EDIT: Of course I know Kopia, I even have it pinned on the UnRaid App Tabs. I‘m tired. I‘ll check it out, so far it looks promising
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Hello All and @PanicMechanic007 It‘s me again with another update or feedback, however u wanna call it :D I ran my 500Gb ish music Library Backup again and it, again, failed - So far so good, nothing to worry about. I‘ve attached the logs and a screenshot, just for the sake of it. What kinda wonders me is that after that failed, a couple other jobs failed to and after checking, the storage location, a Hetzner Storage Box with SFTP Connection display a red „breaker is on“ button. I wonder what that is, cause all these Jobs displayed a „Connection lost“ issue before I manually reset the breaker and sort of restored the connection back. Dedup is working fine, tho I‘m not sure if it only merges the duplicated files or also deletes files that are no longer needed, i.e from jobs that are no longer on the list ? Besides everything works as intended, only larger backups do create issues and fail almost completely while also, sort of, causing issues for the rest of the plugin and jobs. Anyway, these are my two cents. Again: Thank you for your work, we do love you and the Plugin :) Cheers‘ Alex vault-diagnostics-2026-08-21.zip vault-diagnostics-2026-08-08.zip vault-diagnostics-2026-08-20.zip
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Hi @PanicMechanic007 Quick Feedback/Observation: When I run a Incremental Backup without any Compression on it, the Status bar on the running Job stays a 0% all the time, even til the end. Could it be the case that the Widget, sort of, only jumps to 1% or more when the operation is finished i.e the Whole Backup Job is finished? If that's not the case it may just takes a lot of time, I just simply noticed that Cheers´ Alex
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
You‘re absolutely welcome my friend, my pleasure posting my experience with the plugin and my setup. Yeah I already thought that this is obviously a passion project but then again: The Scope is already quite large & up to a certain standard that rivals other programs and software alike. So no pressure in that regard, I guess no one has that amount of „test-data“ on hand when u just do something for fun and personally need. But, since this is open source, someone someday will most certainly to something about it. That would be great, both for usage and long term control. Resiliency is always a very well welcomed addition. I myself mostly use brave on windows and safari, well, on Apple devices so usually I find myself just using my Mac to do it. It just accrued to me that clearing website data also helps when the unraid webui itself freezes. Sometimes you‘re simply not seeing the solution in front of you Again, You are the one we have to thank you, specially since this plugin is just the simple solution most of us want. Connect a FTP site, run the jobs and you‘re good to go. Even if this would be a paid option, I‘d gladly pay the price. Just because it‘s everything I want and need. That said: Thank you for yours time, work and patience, specially when someone throws a wall of text at you ;) Cheers, Alex
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Hello @PanicMechanic007 Sorry for the Spam on the Thread regarding the Vault Plugin but I've got a couple things on my mind and I think they would be a suitable upgrade to Vault: First of all: Could it be the case that the Widget for „Largest Backups“ only displays the largest current BackUp? I have the feeling, as soon as the incremental backups kick in, the largest shrinks down to the last incremental BackUp Size. Second: The Deamon "freezes" or is not responding quite often, specially when there's a larger operation running. For example: 250GB mix of documents, photos & videos, pdfs and zips. Running that with standard compression algo and best size, so the smallest, the operation ran for 30hours without any progress beyond 2 out of 4. And I think that's not suppose to be. After I cancelled, the average upload speed was 49KB/s despite 65MBit/s available. So do think sometimes it freezes. Third: Is there a way to implement a, sort of, menu to select how much resources Vault is allowed to use? I.E make it use more when there's more available? Granted, if the code and the used algorithms allow said options. Fourth: I do think the Plugin needs to be a bit more "robust" when it comes to handling anomalies or cases of a 30Hour Backup with no progress. That's not a complaint or a front against you, it's the opposite, I do think this is a very very good plugin/solution that can be even better. So no hard feelings, more like love for you in every aspect :D Fifth: Current Diagnostics are attached, just a bunch of stuff from the last couple of days. I did do a complete purge of Vault and installed it new for a couple of reasons, mainly because it kept freezing and stuff but I do think that's more on me than on you. Bottom Line: Thank you for your work and the respective time you invest in it. So far it is running great despite a couple of issues but nothings perfect and we all love to tinker. Have a good day and Cheers´ Alex EDIT: The Brave issue I, and I think one other user, was talking about has an easy fix: Delete the Website i.e Unraid specific website data from your browser. After that, Login again it Vault loads in a second. Idk what causes this issue but I guess when the WebUI of Vault reloads and u click to fast on something else, It kinda swallows its one connection / request? vault-diagnostics-2026-07-26.zip vault-diagnostics-2026-08-05.zip vault-diagnostics-2026-08-06.zip
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
@PanicMechanic007 I think you need to take another look at the Brave Browser Issue from a couple of days ago, ‘cause it appeared again today. Also: My Jobs keep failing and the large on failed after 17hours? Ish something. Diagnostics are attached. vault-diagnostics-2026-07-25.zip EDIT: Yesterday, so the 25th, I did a complete purge and re-install of Vault. Partially because I increased the size of the storage target and it seemed like, it had borked the backup files of all of the previous backups. And second because I thought it might help with the current, non connecting issue to the vault daemon. Eversince the 09 update, I can't connect to the vault page, both with the shortcut up in the unraid list and throught he "Connect to WebUI" in the settings of vault in the settings tab of unraid. It will keep display connecting like this: That's the current state of it and it is like that ever since the 09 update. From a MacBook or iPad, both Safari, it works perfectly. Just not on Brave. Through Firefox Developement Edition, it works fine too. Even tho both Browsers are pretty locked down when it comes to privacy settings so idk why's that. vault-diagnostics-2026-07-26.zip Newest diagnostics are attached, just for the sake of it but that's it. And also: Really sleek improvements over the last couple of updates. This is really coming together quite nicely :) Cheers
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
I forgot to mention this: Like a couple of days ago, I started a backup run of a roughly 500GB worth of music, 46000files, over a 1000 folders. Obviously it took ages to even hit the first 1%, that‘s not the point, however I needed to hard-stop Vault and restart it because it completely froze. I don‘t know if it‘s related to the amount of files and size or just that I was to impatient but for shits and giggles here are the diagnostics from the last days. Cheers :) vault-diagnostics-2026-07-24.zip
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Quick Update: Version 2026.07.10 solved the Brave issue for me completely, so thank you for that. Also: the little File Browser next to the Storage location is a really good add in feature, so THANK YOU for that. Even with filesize indication, I don‘t know how you came up with the idea for this plugin but this is legit better than most paid options out there. Kudos to you:)
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
I guess so, wonder why that is though. Years back I had massive issues with Firefox but not that weird. Well, we‘ll see I guess
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Well, Sometimes it is good to post the random stuff that happens :) For some odd reason, accessing it from an iPad works
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Hey, I just wanted to check the current status of Vault through my Brave Browser on my desktop and for some reason It loads endlessly to the point where the browser is displaying a "Tab is not responding, wait or leave?" message. I'll restart my pc but from every other client on my network it works. Just as a heads up, Diagnostics are attached, will post if something changes vault-diagnostics-2026-07-22.zip
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Update: Since Plugin Version 2026.07.09, the current, Backing UP VM‘s is possible and it does it without errors or complications. It is slow‘er, though given with best compression and encryption that is not a surprise. So thank you for the work on your side, it now does exactly what I need
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Thank you :)
-
[Plugin] Vault Backup Manager
Hello, U‘re right haven‘t thought of this. As requested the Diagnostics File Also: Kudos for the Update Frequency, haven‘t seen this many updates in a while vault-diagnostics-2026-07-19.zip Edit: Version 2026.07.07 is a real good update, performance and UI wise, runs like a champ so far EDIT 2: Since the update this morning, I ran the VM Backup again since why not. 20 Minutes ago, it threw me this error: New Diagnostics are attached as well vault-diagnostics-2026-07-19 - NEW 2ND.zip