SmokeyColes

Members
  • Content Count

    54
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

9 Neutral

About SmokeyColes

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. So this is what I learnt for anyone else using the post. eth0 is the primary and eth1 is the secondary. 1. The one you need to be primary - select the MAC address in "Interface Rules". 2. In "Interface eth0" select bonding members of bond0 and select eth0 and eth1 with all the settings correct, and active-backup enabled. 3. eth1 then changes its layout and just says member of bond0. 4. plug both ethernet cables in and check the router which MAC address is correct, for me the 10G was (after adjusting it to eth0)
  2. Hi All I am on the very last part of my build; and I have a small issue with the Ethernet ports. eth0 is 2.5G eth1 is 10G I would like eth1 to be my primary port, and should it fail for any reason eth0 becomes a backup. Current Settings: eth0 eth1 When I plug the network cable in the 10G and drop the cable from the 2.5G - I loose connection via the web browser on another networked PC. I know the answer is somewhere in these settings but I'm not exactly sure which things are wrong.
  3. Weirdly had the same error at 160 Smart Report of Extended Test added. TBH i have no idea what I'm looking for - nothing jumps out in surprise! ST6000VN0001-1SF17Z_Z4D2SDV0-20210603-2236.txt
  4. Extended test about to be started, great thinking!
  5. Hi All I've had the following occur - 197 Current pending sector 0x0012 100 100 000 old age always never 152 198 Offline uncorrectable 0x0010 100 100 000 old age offline never 152 Its not long happened after a full parity check which found 17,496 errors - I'm guessing this is far from normal. I've had so much happen over the last few weeks from a large transfer from to NAS's to multiple hard drives. Backing up all data as backup drives. Memory failure and all. I appreciate this means a sector has died from rea
  6. Hi just an update before I close the post; I was fairly lucky as a lot of the files I had transferred to the cache but not transferred cache to the array as I thought. I was easily able to identify corrupted stuff as the moves left on the cache - were the corrupted files (the move from cache to array was done with the new ram in). So I have no idea, but its sorted now. I lost about 40GB overall. I have slowly been working my way back to repairing the damaged of the corrupt VMs taking regular backups - this is where it hit me hardest (in time and effort).
  7. I'm having a really bad day. Neither VM worked; I have decided to format. But for now the server is OOA, and wont be switched on until new memory modules are bought. I'm purely to blame for this; I bought second hand DDR4 and now paying for it! 30208 errors at 21%. I wouldn't mind if you could just tell me what you meant about corrupt data in the other pool. I sent over a number of TV shows to the download_cache then ran mover to the array. Is it safe to say that that now my array has some corrupt data as well? Sounds to me like
  8. Ok I will give it a shot, would it be worth trying mounting the other nvme? Or does it mount in a mirrored pair? With the RAM should I run memtest?
  9. I have spoken to soon. appdata and system no issues with the copy 1 of 3 VM's transferred, but the 2 I really needed did not. 2 of the 3 ISOs did not - but in fairness I can redownload (I'm not excessively worried) but would like to recover the VMs. Should I move onto init log tree, or should I try something else?
  10. Oh thank goodness; honestly my nerves! I'm copying everything across in MC (as per your instructions) into a new usr/share now. Copying it. What would you suggest my next step? Should I move to step2 - BTRFS restore (safe to use) or should I format which I think is what I need to do, and then once formatted move it all back, and restart the server? Please PM me or let me know your paypal email too, buying you a few pints - its the least I can do for not loosing my VMs.
  11. Hi @JorgeB Forgive me, my ability isn't there. Here's what I tried: mkdir / x mount -o degraded,usebackuproot,ro /dev/nvme0n1 /x I just want to check before I move to BTRFS restore (safe to use) step - that I've done the command correct? I'm happy to pay for your time on this, with the help you've provided - you deserve a couple of pints anyway for it all.
  12. haccnas-diagnostics-20210526-0822.zip Please see attached
  13. Hi This morning my place had a power cut, after rebooting - I am now no longer able to mount my system_cache. My system cache had: appdata domains isos system It was mirrored to harden it on loss of a drive. I only transferred across to the new setup on Monday, yesterday I spent my time sorting the remaining files, and plex. The only backups I managed was libvert.img and my usb drive - it was on my to do list today. I don't want to loose those VM's really. One had HomeAutomation software which I had
  14. I'm going to mark this as solved and say thank you, there's 96GB of data to transfer so it may take a bit! But now you've explained it - I've realised why it wasn't moving. Use Cache Yes (but ensure its on Download_cache - the prior SSD). Before I had System_cache on so nothing was moving; sort of obvious with hindsight but very confusing no knowing the above! Then when this is complete - I will select prefer but with System_cache (NVME), and hit move the 2nd time. @jonathanm thank you for your kind help again 👍