Transferring to Windows Computers is *very* slow. (WiFi or Ethernet)

UnRaid Version: 6.8.3
Hardware: 5Gwb1HU.png

4x 12TB Shucked Western Digital Hard Drives (Two set as parity drives)

4x 8TB Shucked Western Digital Hard Drives

Crucial M500 SSD as cache drive

Plugins: q31nXyT.png

Docker: uPXjtBb.png

I'm trying to copy over files like videos, music, or games, and they are all super slow. Way under what I would expect. I don't expect full gigabit speeds, but I'm getting about 1~4 MB/s which is pitiful. Are there settings I need to tweak on either the Windows side or Unraid? I expect to get very good speeds on my desktop, and at least 10MB/s via WiFi since I have an eero mesh network. Thanks for any and all help.

nasbox-diagnostics-20201214-1646.zip

Edited by thejellydude
Adding Diagnostics zip
Dec 14 14:37:57 NASBOX root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Dynamix SSD Trim Plugin Not installed

Installing this will definitely help to any cache enabled shares.

Dec 14 00:00:01 NASBOX kernel: md: recovery thread: check P Q ...

You're also currently running a parity check which will impact speed until its done (Many people use the parity tweak plugin to only have it run at night)

• Like 1

I didn't even realize parity was running! I will wait for that to resolve and try again. Thank you so much.

As for the cache drive, it would only help writing to the drive, right? Or does enabling cache on a server help with reading from the drive as well? I don't have any of my shares currently cache enabled as they were willing with data too fast and causing issues.

38 minutes ago, thejellydude said:

I don't have any of my shares currently cache enabled as they were willing with data too fast and causing issues.

Don't cache the initial data load. It is impossible to move from cache to slower array as fast as you can write to cache. Mover is intended for idle time so you would typically only cache when you aren't writing more in a single day than cache can hold.

13 minutes ago, trurl said:

Don't cache the initial data load. It is impossible to move from cache to slower array as fast as you can write to cache. Mover is intended for idle time so you would typically only cache when you aren't writing more in a single day than cache can hold.

I wasn't caching the initial data load. When I migrated to UnRaid, I messed up copying a few TB of data that I'm now having to redownload. I will probably re-enable the cache afterwards.