disk error

34 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 12/20/2020 at 7:44 AM, JorgeB said:

if it doesn't fix it please post the diagnostics

45 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Please post the diagnostics zip: Tools -> Diagnostics

If possible before rebooting and preferably with the array started
Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

CRC errors don't reset, but if you're getting more it's likely a cable problem, or those disks don't like that controller, you can swap them with the other model you have an test.

One other possibility...  Make sure that your SATA cables are not bound together with cable ties.  It looks neat and helps airflow, but it can also allow crosstalk between the cables to cause signal quality problems.

2 hours ago, Sparky678911 said:

I have replaced the cables and the card is there a program i can repair and scan Hard drive to repair the CRC error thanks

You can click on the SMART warning on the Dashboard page and it will let you Acknowledge the current count, then it will warn you again if it increases.

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You don't repair CRC errors, they don't reset, are they still increasing?

i think it is going up i dont know what happening the drives are good and cables are i am lost🤔

How do i remove the drives in a safe way so that windows 10 can read them or do i just take out cheers

The power supply in there is a corsair cx 650 which i do not know how old it is but seams to works fine no noises no cut out 

and if i decide to take them out of the unraid system i want to put into my windows 10 PC will i need to do anything or unmount from unraid or somthing thanks for help

Earlier you said

16 hours ago, Sparky678911 said:

remove the drives in a safe way so that windows 10 can read them

to which I replied

15 hours ago, trurl said:

Windows can't read Unraid filesystems

Now you ask again but without saying anything about reading them

3 hours ago, Sparky678911 said:

out of the unraid system i want to put into my windows 10 PC

Do you mean you want to reuse the disks in Windows and don't care about any data that might be on them?