parity and disk 1 errors

Jobine

If you have 2 disks marked as disabled then there is no automated recovery operation.    If you meant to say they were showing errors but had not been marked with a red ‘x’ to indicate they were disabled then we need more information about the state of your system to give advice.   Providing your system’s diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools => Diagnostics) might help us see the current state of your system.

What's the exactly best way to do it ? (remove disk7, change parity 1 and disk 1)

1- Stop the server and change parity drive (should I change it right now ?)

2- Start the server

3- Stop the Array

4- Use Tools - New config

5- In the New config - Preserve current assignments, which one should I choose ?

• None
  • All
  • Parity disk
  • Data slots
  • Cache slots

6- Should I replace the parity disk first, or at this moment ? or remove disk 7 from the array ?

I'm lost for the logical order without losing any data...

Thank for your help.

3 minutes ago, Jobine said:

without losing any data...

Some data loss is expected:

On 12/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, JorgeB said:

Single parity can't protect from a dual disk failure,

Best bet to recover as much data as possible is to clone disk1 to a new disk using ddrescue, then do a new config with the clone and the remaining disks, run an extended SMART test on parity, if it fails replace it also.

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Don't understand what you mean, if you mean the emulated disk7 it's still part of the array, if you mean the old disk it will have whatever data it was there.

When I connect to disk7 with Krusader, is there data from yesterday on it, but it's been several months since I took it out of the array.

1 hour ago, Jobine said:

When I connect to disk7 with Krusader, is there data from yesterday on it, but it's been several months since I took it out of the array.

When you removed the disk UnRAID started emulating it using the combination of the other data drives plus the parity drive.   Unraid is therefore treating it as if it is a ‘failed’ disk, and when you replace it with a physical disk UnRAID will rebuild onto that disk what it thinks should be there I.r. The contents of the emulated disk).