Dual Parity Drives Disabled?

Olymoly

Good Morning,

I am having some trouble with my parity drives after changing to a new chassis. I had a dead PSU or MB and changed MBs and PSU. This happened when i was trying to install a I/O Shield, and properly shutdown Unraid. It maybe possible that a improper shutdown happened, but i don't have any record or situation that i am aware of.

I am being told that these drives have read errors, etc.  I was able to complete a parity check with no issues.  I've also stopped the array and unassigned the two drives and restarted the array, followed by a re-adding the parity drives to the same result.

I also have two spare drive to replace these drive in case there are bad.

i am attaching the the most up to date dianostics. Any input would help.  i assume from my own research that i would have to make a new config as the next step, as i am assuming these drives are not bad,

thank you

nastradamus-diagnostics-20210129-1304.zip

• 2 months later...

update,

i've switched the cables and try different drive slots, i ve just given up and want to get this done. i had already purchased 2 replacements drives so i'm rebuilding parity and go to try to fix use the previous parity drives as array drives after i test it with preclear.

if they are working i'll try to RMA. are there any suggestion on the route i should take on testing these drives? should i just rma and not bother for sanity/ to ensure no failures done the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Looking to revist this topic over the next few weeks as its still an issue. Ive Updated my latest Diagnostics in case it would be useful.

AFAIK, i am not using an LSI Controller.

i was reading thru this topic again and  I want to say I've tried now different drives/new drives and different slots for the drives, as i though it could be a connection or drive issue.

i have two 920w PSUs for this Super-micro case, i doubt but would be the issue. how ever i can try to purchase a spare. in the meantime, can any offer some incite on what is can be causing this. i had no issues prior to this MB Swap so it seems odd to me and a bit lost on how to troubleshoot this.

nastradamus-diagnostics-20210906-0342.zip

1 hour ago, Olymoly said:

AFAIK, i am not using an LSI Controller.

02:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)
06:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)

02:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)06:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)

Ok I'll look more into it,

I just dont understand if it is this, then why only the parity drives.

If I switched these drives for WD would that also be a solution?

Could this also be happening because I used lsi cards to create the array on the previous setup before the MB swap?