We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Unusably slow transfer with SMB via Krusader

Hello all

I am a newer UNRAID user and new to the forum. I was hoping for some help - I now have krusader to facilitate LAN file transfers between my other backup UNRAID server as well as a WD PR4100 NAS. I have gigabit connection when transferring files within my UNRAID server via windows VM to and from the other devices as "network drives" however krusader SMB connection transfers over the exact same path and hardware are getting between 2-8Mib/s. Completely unusable.

I hope someone can help. 

For networking I have asus RT AX92U over aimesh between my UNRAID server and other devices.

Diagnostics are attached. 

halo-diagnostics-20210206-2115.zip

I get the full GB + speed when I transfer within a windows VM between the UNRAID machines when mapped as network drives. 

UNRAID server 1 -> windows vm -> UNRAID server 1 mapped network drive <----> UNRAID server 2 mapped network drive = 110+ MB/s

using krusader SMB -  UNRAID server 1 <-------> UNRAID server 2 = 2-8 Mib/s

Very confusing why this would be the case. Same hardware paths. 

Thank you for your responses so far. 

I had not looked into MC. After learning about it, I managed to create a connection between my UNRAID server and my PR4100 and had the same slow speeds as with the krusader GUI! Photo attached.

I would also receive an error when writing UNRAID -> PR4100 " Error ERRDOS - ERRbadpath creating directory \Public\Test\Books" for example - however transfer speed is still my biggest issue at the moment.

bestMCslowtransfer.thumb.png.351a108a2243cd0fbc1ac7ad5988e1f2.png

Errdos.png

I'm beginning to wonder if it is something with my network settings ie something wrong with my routing table. Unfortunately I know very little about networking and I am worried I would brick access to my unraid web UI. 

I've attached the noted speeds under interface as well as a screen of my network settings.

Seems that bond0 is "fault-tolerance"

eth0 is GB 

eth1 down?

Please let me know if anyone has thoughts on this. 

routingtable.png

interface.png