We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

NFS MONT PROBLEM

R3D

Hi,

i have a problem with the nfs mount system.
I would like to use nfs for the video surveillance system, as soon as I insert the ip it detects the disk but cannot format it.
the status for the nvr is abnormal.

Thanks for your help

PS my nvr is Hikvision

1 minute ago, R3D said:

with unraid I created the folder to record with the NVR but as soon as I try the source I get an error!

Still don't know what you are are talking about.

When you said NFS, did you mean you had created a share on Unraid accessible with NFS? If so, what does that have to do with formatting a disk?

Or did you really mean you were trying to format a disk to the NTFS filesystem?

20 hours ago, R3D said:

my nvr is Hikvision

Maybe your questions are more related to that system instead of to Unraid.

@R3D, the first thing that I suspect is that you have not added any 'users' to your Unraid system.  If you are using either Secure or Private security on any share, you have to have users assigned with passwords.  (The user 'root' is not allowed to have network access to any share for security reasons!)  As I recall, adding a user will trigger an option in each network protocol section (with the Secure or Private setting) to add user(s) with specific access privileges.  Please note that if you using the 'Private' setting on any share, you will have to assure that a user is properly logged into the server before you can have any access to the share. 

I don't know how aware you are on security in Linux (or any OS for that matter) so I am taking a bit of liberty and posting up a short explanation of the various Unraid security settings:

image.png.73c264259232e1f7e1fabddbb0245f5e.png 

Another thing that might help you is the built-in Help system.   You can turn it on toggling the 'Help' icon (a '?' in a circle) on the menu bar near the top of the GUI.

Edited by Frank1940