Won't POST after reboot.

Hi All,

I've recently upgrade my CPU from Ryzen 5 3400G to Ryzen 9 5900x and paired with Asus X570 I motherboard.  Since the upgrade Unraid won't reboot properly.  It either stuck at blank screen or eventually reboot but the system won't POST.  The only way to get it to start again is to pull the power and reconnect.  Even after that it may POST error a few times, sometimes on DRAM, VGA or CPU.  It's only an issue if I reboot with Unraid running.  Works perfectly normal if I boot in to Windows and restart normal.

Not sure where to start troubleshooting this as logs are overwritten after reboot.. Please help...

node-diagnostics-20210302-1901.zip

Hi All,
I've recently upgrade my CPU from Ryzen 5 3400G to Ryzen 9 5900x and paired with Asus X570 I motherboard.  Since the upgrade Unraid won't reboot properly.  It either stuck at blank screen or eventually reboot but the system won't POST.  The only way to get it to start again is to pull the power and reconnect.  Even after that it may POST error a few times, sometimes on DRAM, VGA or CPU.  It's only an issue if I reboot with Unraid running.  Works perfectly normal if I boot in to Windows and restart normal.
Not sure where to start troubleshooting this as logs are overwritten after reboot.. Please help...

node-diagnostics-20210302-1901.zip
Update your bios to the latest version

Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jamorro said:

wait is this a post issue or a boot issue?
Like do you get any video at all when trying with unraid?

It post and boot with no issues the first time.  video is passthrough to Windows VM.

once Unraid is loaded, everything works fine till I reboot.   everything seems to shutdow(altho takes a lot longer then it uses to) and then blank screen.  pressing the power button to turn off and then back on doesn't POST.(doesn't matter how many times I press power button to turn off and turn back on).  only way to get it to POST again is to pull the power and plug it back in.

The reason I think its Unraid because if I'm to boot in to Windows, it restart normally as it should.

It post and boot with no issues the first time.  video is passthrough to Windows VM.
once Unraid is loaded, everything works fine till I reboot.   everything seems to shutdow(altho takes a lot longer then it uses to) and then blank screen.  pressing the power button to turn off and then back on doesn't POST.(doesn't matter how many times I press power button to turn off and turn back on).  only way to get it to POST again is to pull the power and plug it back in.
The reason I think its Unraid because if I'm to boot in to Windows, it restart normally as it should.
Try Restore a backup of your usb drive

22 minutes ago, LeoRX said:

if you have post issues you should be seeing fault LED's or codes on the motherboard can you check if you see any such codes?
What happends if you shut off unraid instead of using the reboot function?

Edited by Jamorro
10 minutes ago, Jamorro said:

if you have post issues you should be seeing fault LED's or codes on the motherboard can you check if you see any such codes?
What happends if you shut off unraid instead of using the reboot function?

I just tried this and a couple of things with success.

- Shutdown Unraid and start it again -- success.

- Disabled VM Auto-Start, Shutdown Unraid. After startup, restart Unraid.  -- success.

It looks only of an issue if the VM (with graphic card passthrough) has started after Unraid started up.  Maybe the "restart" doesn't release the graphic card back for proper POST?

I do have this script at startup for video card passthrough, not sure if its related.

echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon0/bind

echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind

echo efi-framebuffer.0 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/efi-framebuffer/unbind

Edited by LeoRX
31 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

Try Restore a backup of your usb drive

not sure if that'd help.  the USB drive is only 2 months old and this symptom was the same in the RC-2 version as well as after the upgrade today.