[SOLVED] Disks not spinning down after update.

I've scanned the forums for all the potential reasons my disks won't spin down, and have made several tweaks and changes.  It is possible the disks weren't spinning down on their own after the set 15 minutes before the update, but never noticed it.

I can spin the disks down manually, but for some reason, if they get opened, they won't shut down after 15 mins, like I have the setting.

Anything in the diagnostics that someone can see may be the culprit?  Disk 1 and 2 had recent activity, but disk 3 hasn't had anything scanned or played in over 15 minutes, and I'm expecting the disk to spin down.  Disk 4 has nothing on it, so no actions should have caused that to spin up either?

I have the cache director already on, so even a read of directories shouldn't have caused disk 4 to spin up.

tower-diagnostics-20210306-1010 (2).zip

[UPDATE} version 6.9.1 took care of this issue.

Edited by jljude
8 minutes ago, chris_netsmart said:

I am also having this issue, as my drive's spin up with no issues but then I have to manual spin them down.  this only started  - after I have updated to 6.9

a fix is coming in 6.9.1, things found to spinup drives are

1) autofan

2) telegraf

3) Spindown timer larger than poll timer.

But take a look at the bug post.

Thanks for the replies.  I will check out the bug.  I thought I originally deleted this, as I was going to repost (and did) a duplicate one with some screenshots.  I do have autofan, but will check the link and probably just wait.  Glad it may be a bug with a fix coming in 6.9.1.  Thought it was something I did wrong.

• jljude changed the title to [SOLVED] Disks not spinning down after update.