I mistakenly formatted cache drive without making backup now docker service and libvirt service failed to start [SOLVED]

Version: 6.8.3

Installed Plugins: unassigned devices plus, ca auto update applications, ca backup/restore appdata, ca cleanup appdata, community applications, dynamix active streams, dynamix cache directories, dynamix data time, dynamix s3 sleep, dynamix ssd trim, Dynamix System Buttons, Dynamix System Information, Dynamix System Statistics, Dynamix System Temperature, Fix Common Problems, Nerd Tools, 

Preclear Disks, Statistics, Unassigned Devices, unBALANCE

Hardware: Unraid 6.8.3, MSI Z390 -A Pro, Intel Core I5-8400 @ 280ghz, 16gb corsair vengeance lpx ddr4, 5 wd 8tb hd's, Icy dock 5 bay 3.5" sata enclosure, samsung 960 250gb cache, super flower leadex III gold 650w, thermaltake versa h21

Problem: I had the issue of the cache drive becoming unmountable with no file system so I formatted the cache drive but I mistakenly had not performed a backup, now the docker service and ibvirt service fail to start. Looks like I'll be starting all over... I'm new to unraid and I would really appreciate some help to those services up and running again. Thanks in advance for your time and service. 

thebrainz-syslog-20210322-0351.zip

18 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

now the docker service and ibvirt service fail to start

You should post full diagnostics (Tools --> Diagnostics in the GUI) in your next post and not just the syslog as the full diagnostics will provide much more information about your system configuration.

The system share is the default home of docker.img and libvirt.img.  Typically, that is a cache only or cache prefer share which means formatting your cache drive wiped out these files unless you had changed their location.

Fortunately, you can restore your previous docker applications with their previous configuration intact (Previous Apps in the Apps tab) even after creating a new docker.img file.

• Thanks 1
  • Makaveli changed the title to I mistakenly formatted cache drive without making backup now docker service and libvirt service failed to start [SOLVED]