Plex container has no IP address

I recently switched over my containers to their own custom network, and all of them are running fine and fully accessible, except the Plex server. I am using the plexinc/Plex-Media-Server. It is showing up as having no IP address. I tried several times to add a fixed IP but it refuses to start if I do that. I literally didn't do anything but change the network type on the other containers and they all work fine, but not this one. Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it? TIA!

capture-20210408-133334-crop.png

9 minutes ago, DMills said:

I am using the plexinc/Plex-Media-Server

For support on the Plexinc Docker container, you need to post your questions in the Plex forums.  That container is not supported by anyone in these forums. 

Although the Plex Media Server itself is the same regardless of which container is used, only the container author or those experienced with it can address container issues.

Unless someone in these forums has the same container and the same issue, you may not get any responses here.

Just now, itwonttakelong said:

I use that container, and i have a ip address. I have a plex pass also. I don't know if that matters or not.

I have a Plex Pass as well. What network type are you using? I tried creating a new container, no luck. I might try one of the other ones and see if that fixes it :(

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, bombz said:

Same issue here
All my other docker containers have no issues resolving and IP using the docker container network
what's the difference with plex?

image.png.3414750a9c13a8581c8b67b691bbf8fb.png

Any assistance is appreciated. 

If you change from your custom Docker network to Host, do you get an IP then? I seem to remember that Plex's official container suggests running it with Host, but I'm not sure. I know other Docker images doesn't suggest it.

On 12/8/2023 at 8:01 PM, Yivey_unraid said:

If you change from your custom Docker network to Host, do you get an IP then? I seem to remember that Plex's official container suggests running it with Host, but I'm not sure. I know other Docker images doesn't suggest it.

Hello,

Appreciate the follow-up.

To answer your question, yes changing the network to host (default state) does work and is operational. I was pondering adding the plex docker container through a reverse proxy which is on my custom network and was pondering why the IPs were not applying on a custom network.

Based on your feedback, I may have to continue my research to drill down on how to accomplish this.

Thank you kindly :-)