Dead Dashboard UI - Unraid 6.9.2

Hi there trying to troubleshoot what's going on with my server, currently the UI has died on the unraid IP/server link dns and justs times out when trying to browse to it, but i still have ssh access to the box.  I ran diagnostics and pulled them off before I rebooted the host from the cli and hoping it would all come back ok.

Which its hasn't UI is still dead, most of my services which I run from docker are not up im assuming as the service isn't running.  but some web services like unbalanced are still working and I can still see the shares live and accessible on the network and have ssh access.

I'm thinking that there may be an issue with one of the drives cache or OS flash or something.  My questions are...

1. Is there a status function that I can run from the cli to check where the error may be ie a corrupted os flash/cache drive

2. which file within the diagnostic logs should I be looking at to troubleshoot.

My server is in the attic and I would rather not have to go up there if i can troubleshoot it from the cli at all I do have a backup from the unraid server link status which was linking before i rebooted the server from the cli.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

darkbeast-diagnostics-20210802-1108.zip darkbeast-diagnostics-20210802-1035.zip

Edited by dark668
added diagnostic logs
26 minutes ago, dark668 said:

I ran diagnostics and pulled them off

post them

27 minutes ago, dark668 said:

which file within the diagnostic logs should I be looking at to troubleshoot

Hard to say.  No one around here will ever suggest to post this file or that file, but simply the entire zip as you have no idea what you're actually looking for until you start looking at them.

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

post them

Hard to say.  No one around here will ever suggest to post this file or that file, but simply the entire zip as you have no idea what you're actually looking for until you start looking at them.

Is just before I rebooted when i noticed some services were being funny - darkbeast-diagnostics-20210802-1035.zip

Is post reboot - darkbeast-diagnostics-20210802-1108.zip

33 minutes ago, Squid said:

Disk 4 needs to be replaced

1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     POSR-K   200   197   051    -    66
  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   195   195   140    -    149

For everything else, I'd close all browser tabs on all devices and try again.

Yer its been replace before and always flagging up as having error so i think its a dodgy bus tbh which is why its not used with the dockers or for much tbh.

Im currently running mover as the issue may be because the cache disk is near maxed out. Once that has ran I'll be rebooting again and then seeing if that fixed it at all. Is there any way to check the status of mover from the cli?

root@DarkBeast:/usr/local/sbin# ./mover status
root@DarkBeast:/usr/local/sbin# ./mover start
 9233 ?        S      0:00 /bin/bash /usr/local/sbin/mover
mover: already running
root@DarkBeast:/usr/local/sbin# ./mover status

Running its with the status options doesn't bring any output back

My next step after that is to restore the back-up image (from unraid server link) flash to a new usb drive and see if that fixes the issue.

Other than that I can't think of anything else.

Edited by dark668
15 hours ago, dark668 said:

Yer its been replace before and always flagging up as having error so i think its a dodgy bus tbh which is why its not used with the dockers or for much tbh.

It is the disk. These SMART attributes cannot be about anything but the disk itself. And keeping a faulty disk in the array will make it difficult to rebuild a different disk if needed because every bit of all other disks must be reliably read to reliably rebuild another disk.

9 Power_On_Hours          -O--CK   071   071   000    -    21643

If this disk was a replacement why is it nearly 3 years old?

Be sure to setup Notifications to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected.