All docker images want to download 15GB update?

Dacobi

I recently created a docker instance of ARK manager which somehow installed directly in the docker.img

Now all my docker containers are trying to download an 15GB update, but its happening very slow.

What's going on? and what do I do?

Edit: The docker images are caught in an "endless update". The amount received never actually increases? (is stuck at around 100MB, increases a few MB and then drops again)

Edited by Dacobi

Post docker run command for one of your containers, you mentioned plex before you edited your post, and that is one I am familiar with.

Also, go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

42 minutes ago, Dacobi said:

docker instance of ARK manager

That one doesn't seem to be on the Apps page. How did you install it?

I am asking for all this information hoping to make some sense of your first post. For example,

44 minutes ago, Dacobi said:

somehow installed directly in the docker.img

docker.img is where executables of all of your containers are stored, so it isn't clear what you think is different about that.

Really nothing in your first post sounds like anything that would happen on Unraid. You are talking about Unraid right?

Maybe screenshots would help.

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

Post docker run command for one of your containers, you mentioned plex before you edited your post, and that is one I am familiar with.

The current problem is that my docker images are caught in an endless update loop (difficult to show without a video) I haven't changed any of them, but it started after I installed the Docker for ARK: Survival Evolved from DockerHub.

I have now deleted this docker image, but my other (old) images are still caught in an endless loop. (both want to download a 15GB update but are stuck ~100MB. increased a few MBs and then drops again)

Where do I find the run command?

Also, go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

That one doesn't seem to be on the Apps page. How did you install it?

Just entered ARK in the apps search bar and it shows up. Maybe because I've installed it before from DockerHub

I am asking for all this information hoping to make some sense of your first post. For example,

docker.img is where executables of all of your containers are stored, so it isn't clear what you think is different about that.

It was the data for the image that was installed in /var/lib/docker/volumns 

This is 40GB+ which I usually install in a share.

Really nothing in your first post sounds like anything that would happen on Unraid. You are talking about Unraid right?

Maybe screenshots would help.

tower-diagnostics-20210813-2148.zip

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Why are your appdata and system (and domains) shares on the array?

I wasn't my choice. I entered a share and somehow that folder ended up in docker.img

Edit: I misunderstood. My cache drive is faulty, I just haven't had time to replace it yet.

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Normally you want these on cache and set to stay on cache so dockers/VMs will perform better and won't keep array disks spunup.

Delete and recreate docker.img

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Troubleshooting#How_do_I_recreate_docker.img.3F

Edited by Dacobi
2 hours ago, trurl said:

Why are your appdata and system (and domains) shares on the array? Normally you want these on cache and set to stay on cache so dockers/VMs will perform better and won't keep array disks spunup.

Delete and recreate docker.img

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Troubleshooting#How_do_I_recreate_docker.img.3F

It didn't work.

disabled and deleted docker and reenabled.

After reinstalling plex it does the same thing. Caught in an endless update cycle of 15GB