VM w/ GPU passthrough causes unRAID to stop responding when rebooting/shutting down?

I've been having this issue for awhile now.  When I go to reboot this VM unRAID will sometimes just go unresponsive.  I have IPMI on my server and even it stops responding.

It happened again last night and I do have remote SysLog set up.  With that said I had turned off the writing to the flash drive as it hadn't happened for awhile so I have now turned it back on.

Here's the log up to the freeze if anyone sees anything.

I'm all ears as this has been driving me nuts since 6.8.3 and I'd love to figure out why.  I thought it was the NIC so I replaced it with a ConnectX3, however that didn't fix it.

SyslogCatchAll-2021-08-22.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2021 at 2:43 AM, ghost82 said:

I have not the solution but maybe I can point you in a direction.

May be related to lsi card, there are a lot of reports in internet with the same issue.

Is your lsi firmware up to date?

Sorry, I missed this!

I'm not sure but I'm guessing the only way to find out is to reboot the server and catch it correct?

Would I be better off just getting a 9300-8i w/ P16 firmware as then I could use SATA SSD's and have TRIM support?  I don't mind spending some money if that'd be the better plan.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164301253401?epid=1955464977&hash=item26411e2b19:g:gl8AAOSw549fF91O