Flash backup stays as "unconfirmed .crdownload". Does not create zip

xrqp

I am trying to upgrade my unraid flash hardware to a faster one. I am using Win10 PC, and unraid web interface, and go to Main, then Flash, then click "Flash Backup" button.  It goes to my Win10 downloads folder, but it stops and ends with the file name "Unconfirmed 551776.crdownload".  I rebooted unraid and tried again w same result.   Then rebooted Wind10 and same result.

I recently updated to Unraid 6.9.2, but before I updated from 6.9.1 I was able to create flash backup.  It created as file name "tower-flash-backup-20210824-1742.zip".  What should i do - go back to my last backup of 6.9.1 ?  

1 hour ago, xrqp said:

am trying to upgrade my unraid flash hardware to a faster one

Why bother to upgrade your flash - it will not make UnRaid run any faster as after initial load UnRaid runs from RAM.   Practical experience has also shown that USB3 drives are far more prone to failure than USB2 ones.

Didn't notice this:

1 hour ago, xrqp said:

trying to upgrade my unraid flash hardware to a faster one

Absolutely no good reason to do this. Flash speed is unimportant. In fact, booting from USB2 port is more reliable.

Flash is used at boot time to load the OS into RAM, and the OS runs in RAM. Think of it as firmware except easier to work with. Any settings you make in the webUI are stored on flash so they can be loaded at boot also. Other than that, flash doesn't get used much. Speed and size are unimportant.

I want to boot faster.  Seems like I need to boot or re-boot often. Does not faster flash speed make faster boots?

"USB3 drives are far more prone to failure than USB2 ones"  Is it still that bad after all these years? 

I was going by SpaceInvaderOne video about the flash he tested.  He only used a standard flash test app, not unraid test.  He made a guess that the pro-USB2 (anti-USB3) for unraid may have been long ago, and may be is no longer true.

Don't forget my other issue: I cannot do a flash backup since I went from .1 to .2 

Edited by xrqp