Newbie installing unraid

I managed to boot in to the usb where it goes through installation process. My cat jumps on to my pc and turns of my computer. I tried to boot back into the usb but it doesn't let me boot into the usb. It starts up and just straight goes to my bios.

I've tried to reformat the usb and reinstall on 2 different USBs. I tried clearing my CMOS. I disabled other bootable drives and made my unraid USB as number on boot option. I've read some of the usb boot trouble shoot and can't seem to follow most of them because I don't know the instructions on the page. Please help.

cpu 7960x

mobo evga x299 ftw k

graphics card gt730.

50 minutes ago, kukie_monster said:

boot in to the usb where it goes through installation process

There is no installation process, except for the fact that it installs into RAM from the archives on flash each time it boots. Think of it as firmware.

52 minutes ago, kukie_monster said:

reinstall on 2 different USBs

How did you do this?

I've just tried doing what trurl just posted and still doesn't work. I just got back from a trip. I can explain more of my situation right now. when I first was able to boot in the USB with unraid UFEI, I was able to select installation and when it was going through the black screen with words, my cat jumped on my pc and turned off the computer. I didn't know if the installation was finished or it was in the middle, but I wasn't able to boot back into the usb.(When booting up the computer, it doesn't go into anything but goes to my bios like there is no bootable drive. I confirmed that the boot option is set to boot off my usb.) I thought the files got corrupt when the computer was turned off so I formatted and reinstalled the UFEI file again, but it was doing the same thing. I've tried with a different usb and I wasn't able to boot.

What do you mean by "installation"? As mentioned, there is no installation except for the creation of the flash drive. It always boots from the flash drive.

On 9/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, trurl said:

There is no installation process, except for the fact that it installs into RAM from the archives on flash each time it boots. Think of it as firmware.

Boot from a USB2 port