USB failure after power outage. No backup files!

Hi, we recently had a power outage and now UNRAID wont boot.  I put the Unraid USB on me newly built desktop and it cant be seen and is probably dead.  My problem is I have NO backup files for the USB...none.  I did have a file on my old windows PC, but I don't have it and didn't get a chance to back it up on my new machine ( which is only a couple weeks old) or make another USB.  Where do I go from here?  All the other posts seem to still have access to UNRAID and can backup or fix it.  Mine wont even boot.  I have NO files or data on which drives (8 of them) are parity and which are shares.  I do NOT have access to be able to recreate the boot USB files onto another USB.

1 hour ago, nakamurak002 said:

Hi, we recently had a power outage and now UNRAID wont boot.  I put the Unraid USB on me newly built desktop and it cant be seen and is probably dead.  My problem is I have NO backup files for the USB...none.  I did have a file on my old windows PC, but I don't have it and didn't get a chance to back it up on my new machine ( which is only a couple weeks old) or make another USB.  Where do I go from here?  All the other posts seem to still have access to UNRAID and can backup or fix it.  Mine wont even boot.  I have NO files or data on which drives (8 of them) are parity and which are shares.  I do NOT have access to be able to recreate the boot USB files onto another USB.

it is possible to get your data dries back online using the technique described here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.   Your shares will get reinstated but only with default settings.    Docker containers and VMs will need setting up again.

• Like 1

(TO Jonathan M) No, I'm pretty new to UNRAID.  I just rebooted the server and it does boot to the UNRAID menu, so I guess I still have something on the USB.   I just selected "UNRAID OS" and it appears to be stuck on "bzroot" for the last few minutes.

(To itimpi) I'll try and read up and see if that helps.  thank you

Edited by nakamurak002
add
7 hours ago, nakamurak002 said:

No, I'm pretty new to UNRAID.  I just rebooted the server and it does boot to the UNRAID menu, so I guess I still have something on the USB.   I just selected "UNRAID OS" and it appears to be stuck on "bzroot" for the last few minutes.

sometimes downloading the zip file for the release and extracting all the bz* type files overwriting the ones on the flash drive can help if the system is having trouble reading these standard system files off the flash drive.