Unable to add new disks error

glennbrown

So a little back story, moving from a setup where I was using Ubuntu with Snapraid/MergerFS. I cleared off one of my 12TB data drives and setup the Unraid Array with my old snapraid 12TB Parity Drive and the other 12TB Data drive. Then used Unassigned devices and Krusader to start moving data over from my two 10TB drives. I finished up the first 10TB drive and am ready to bring that drive into the array.

However it is giving me a error about not being able to add/remove disks. I had saw a few threads that before you can add more drives you need to let a partiy check finish. I had it paused while I was migrating data.

Can someone confirm that is the case?

8 minutes ago, glennbrown said:

So a little back story, moving from a setup where I was using Ubuntu with Snapraid/MergerFS. I cleared off one of my 12TB data drives and setup the Unraid Array with my old snapraid 12TB Parity Drive and the other 12TB Data drive. Then used Unassigned devices and Krusader to start moving data over from my two 10TB drives. I finished up the first 10TB drive and am ready to bring that drive into the array.

However it is giving me a error about not being able to add/remove disks. I had saw a few threads that before you can add more drives you need to let a partiy check finish. I had it paused while I was migrating data.

Can someone confirm that is the case?

Not tested that exact case but it is almost certainly true as you cannot have 2 full array level operations running at the same time and parity check and adding disks both fall into that category.    

note that while migrating data if you want to maximise speed you should run with no parity drive at all, and then add it afterwards.   This does, however, mean you are not protected until you have added the parity drive and finished building parity.