No Gui

HI Everyone,

Im having a very strange issue going on,

I want to preface this post by first mentioning that my server is super "clunky" and super ghetto and what I mean by that is that I used older drives and I know some of them were very flaky, Ive kinda limped along for over a year, for my personal stuff, and everything has been working relatively well. I had some minor docker issue in the beginning but for the most part, Unraid has been a breeze to use even from the first boot up.

Now back to the story,

Normally I have notifications setup and it will inform me if anything is bad with the server, normally its SMART does not like a drive but overall the array would pass. about a month ago I had gotten a few notifications that my array had failed, it said a drive was missing, I logged into the server and shut it down, thinking "Ill deal with this later" after a day or so powered it up and it said that array was offline due to another failed/missing drive, at that point I shutdown again and figured that its time for something new. During this entire time the server has been shutdown completely. Ive been slowly getting the parts for a new server and I and got some older drives just to get my old server up so I could copy data over to the new server. I powered up the server to see which drives to replace but I couldn't remote in, on my computer I would get "unable to connect" or "connection refused". So with that I went to the server and connected a monitor and rebooted the server again to see if I can get a gui on the monitor.

What would happen is that it would start to load the GUI and get to a part where it would just blink a cursor in the top left corner.  From there I started reading about others that had the issue and I tried the following.

• can ping server
  • ensure bios is set to legacy
  • tried command line mode -worked for the most part , I didnt really know what to do from there
  • suggestions I found was to backup the config folder of the usb and remake it
  • rebuilt usb and copied config folder was able to get gui going locally but after login it would load a webrowser to load up "localhost" and it would say unable to connect
  • tried safemode with GUI and same thing
  • I can SSH from my laptop into server

the only other thing that had changed during this time period, was my router got changed, all settings stayed the same. I have a windows server that was offline during this time period as well and brought it up and everything connected with it right away, so network wise it seems things are fine.

Im kinda lost now

Thanks for any help or suggestions

• 2 weeks later...