Drive issues

Well after moving motherboard to a new chassis, I ran into a overheating issue at night, and now I have a situation where the only way to get the array online is with 1 parity drive out of the array, and 2 drives while installed show up under unassigned devices. I can add new drives to the pool for either the parity or the file system. Is there a way to rectify this without starting over ? I ran XFS check on the drives and they had not issues, I also read them on another system and pulled them to protect the data but I cannot put in replacement drives to rebuild the array. I went through the what to do with file system issues but I cannot find a matching issue to address this.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:00 AM, dodgeman said:

I ran XFS check on the drives and they had not issues

Do you mean you ran the check on the drives while they were not in the array?

On 11/9/2021 at 6:00 AM, dodgeman said:

the only way to get the array online is with 1 parity drive out of the array, and 2 drives while installed show up under unassigned devices.

Do you mean you made changes to your disk assignments that left disks out of the array? The screenshot shows the array started but with the emulated missing disks unmountable.

Seems like you need to tell us in more detail exactly what you have done before we can make any sense of this.

After the machine booted the drives were listed as not installed. I looked under unassigned and they were listed there. I then ran XFS check and found no issues. I then shutdown and moved the drives from the backplane to SATA cables. They still showed up in unassigned and you can view the data on them. I pulled the drives from the system currently and I tried to replace them but that is not an option as the array is listed as an invalid configuration when I add new disks.