Unraid webui and docker containers in bridge network not accessible from a different subnet

rrr01

Hi

I found the unraid webui and docker containers in bridge network were not accessible from a different subnet.

In my home network, 192.168.31.10 is my unraid server; 192.168.31.1 is my openwrt router, which runs zerotier and route traffic from 10.147.17.0/24 to 192.168.31.0/24 and vice versa (configured automatically by the plugin). My unraid webui is configured at 8080 port

I have another PC (10.147.17.145), in a different place, that is connected to my home network with zerotier. It can access all other devices in my home network, as well as the docker containers that are in a custom network mode by browsing 192.168.31.10 and the corresponding ports.

However, it refuses to connect to any docker contianers that are in bridge network, as well as the unraid webui.

For testing, I tried to port forward 8080 port in router settings. Directly accessing the public IP of my home address and the correct port is working fine for both bridge mode containers and the webui.

I tried to change the webui port to 8081, but it does not work.

Is there anything I do wrong? Any ideas will be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

Unfortunately I have no experience with Zerotier and my ability to assist with advanced networking setups like yours is incredibly limited.  A few things that would help your likelihood of getting community feedback would be exactly the rules you have in place on your router as well as attaching your system diagnostics to this forum post.

All the best,

Jon

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:12 PM, Squid said:

Perhaps something like this is needed (like with Wireguard)  https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84229-dynamix-wireguard-vpn/?tab=comments#comment-780665

Hi. I think It is a different issue.

For me, the problem is that the webui and dockers that are in bridge mode, cannot be accessed from a different LAN subnet 10.17.147.0/24.

The dockers on a user defined custom network mode can be accessed from a different subnet.

I feel it looks like a firewall issue? But I can’t find any settings for changing the firewall or making unraid think 10.17.147.0/24 is also a LAN address.