LSI2008 Firnware & Flashing via UnRAID!

Hi Guys,

Is there a known issue with LSI V19 FW, have had it installed and running fine other than Drive issues randomly. is this a Known FW with issues?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the V20 Files incl the UNRAID Install Method (Flashing) Broadcom now owns LSI and i cant seem to find what i need,

Thanks Dude-Dudettes!

Hey guys,

thanks for the Links/Info! seems this must be a Genuine issue with my Server somewhere then as it will Pick a drive at random to Bully and then kick out the array *Unraid Array of course*.

Sometimes its Disk 1, sometimes Disk 2, or Disk 6, or Disk 8.

Whenever it feels like flexing really.

18 hours ago, Stan464 said:

Hey guys,

thanks for the Links/Info! seems this must be a Genuine issue with my Server somewhere then as it will Pick a drive at random to Bully and then kick out the array *Unraid Array of course*.

Sometimes its Disk 1, sometimes Disk 2, or Disk 6, or Disk 8.

Whenever it feels like flexing really.

Is this happening when you are doing a parity check? If so, when such high activity task kicks in, the PSU is undergoing an immense load since ALL of the drives are spun up and are performing a set of validation tasks.

As such, I'd recommend calculating, approximately, how much power do you consume at least on drives and looking at the power supply thereafter.

For example, I have 16 x 1TB Seagate Drives:

Power consumption per drive in my case:

1.8A x 12V = 21.6W

Total HDDs: 21.6W x 16 ~= 350W

So if you have a decent CPU and maybe a video card in the mix, then you'll need a powerful PSU to handle that. Remember, the PSUs can only sustain 80% efficiency for a prolonged duration of time.

@ezhik

You bring up a very good point, im running far less HDD's then that! so my load would be closer too 150/200 id say and then my Ryzen 1600X.

Think this is running from a 450w? will need to re-check.

But this can happen randomly but yes, Parity Checks seems to really throw up a fit. Maybe it has been PSU the whole time....

Thanks Kindly,

Edited by Stan464