data taking more space on BTRFS disk

wgstarks

Just now, trurl said:

That might be causing Unraid a problem, but it would also cause SMB problems if you export that pool, one of the ways I mentioned

Just discovered that. Didn't realize I needed to set shares on the cache pool to cache only with the proper pool selected. When i tried to fix that unraid rejected the setting just as you said.

So if I create a share "xyz" and set it to cache only on torrent then the file path will be /mnt/user/xyz and this path will only exist on the torrent cache pool?

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

if I create a share "xyz" and set it to cache only on torrent then the file path will be /mnt/user/xyz and this path will only exist on the torrent cache pool?

It will only write new files for that share to that pool, and mover will ignore the share. User share settings are mostly about what happens to new files. If any files for that share (top level folder) already exist on other disks or pools, then they are also part of the user share.

• Thanks 1
Just now, trurl said:

It will only write new files to that share, and mover will ignore the share. User share settings are mostly about what happens to new files. If any files for that share (top level folder) already exist on other disks or pools, then they are also part of the user share.

Thanks. Got it now. I had a UD strategy stuck in my head and needed a big hammer to shack it loose.😁

Should have realized from the start that the new cache pool works the same as the old single disk cache.