Recreating Array from Old Disk

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help. 

I made the mistake of trying to follow instructions very late at night on how to swap out a healthy disk, for a larger one. I skipped the step where I was to supposed to set the drive too be replaced as "No Device" and then reboot. Instead, I just shut down, swapped the drive, pre-cleared it, then identified it as the new "Drive 2". Something happened along the way and I the parity drive was rebuilt, and now the contents of the old drive aren't acessible on on the new one. I get this error in the GUI:

image.thumb.png.fc0218d55ac5366507842c90c0c20729.png
And this when trying to naviate to the share over the network:

image.png.4790b46a3e5e5b9d953ec05b98eae544.png

The array is looking healthy as-is:

image.thumb.png.724f85bf8b30d5a090085d90424e5b4d.png

What I'd like to do, is just put my old drive back in, rebuild the parity, get back to a working array, and then follow the steps very meticulously to replace it correctly.

Where I'm at now: I swaped out the new drive (WSD57175 - 8 TB) with the old one (ZDH1NBHJ - 4TB), assigned it as Drive 2, and marked the parity as "no device". I thought that would get me on the right path, but I can't start the array due too "Invalid configuration / Too many wrong and/or missing disks!".

Any help guidance would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!

unraid-os-diagnostics-20220112-1123 - Post-change.zip unraid-os-diagnostics-20220112-1201 - Current Working (but broken) Array.zip

Edited by rayray14