Reset UNRAID to factory/default settings

Darryn

28 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Tools->new config

That only lets you reassign your disks.

31 minutes ago, Darryn said:

What is the best way to do this?

Why do you want to do this? Are you having a problem that you think it might help with? Probably better to work on the problem instead of "starting over".

You can remove each plugin individually.

Unless you wipe all of your data, you will still have user shares since the folders will still exist.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Delete the contents of /config on the flash drive (except for the .key file) and reboot

That will get rid of all of your configuration, including disk assignments. If you want to keep your disk assignments, you also need to keep config/super.dat

Unless you get rid of your data you will still have user shares since the folders will still exist, but without config they will have default settings.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I want to wipe everything :-)

I want to start off from a clean slate.

These is no data that I want to keep (actually, there is nothing that I need to keep).

Not because of any issues, just want to do a completely fresh setup.

So I assume that removing the contents of the /config folder (except for the .key file) would be the correct option?

To actually wipe the data involves another step.

Assuming the drives are all formatted XFS, to completely wipe them you would (prior to starting the array) switch the file system (click on each disk) from XFS (or auto) to be BTRFS, start the array and them format them.  After that's done you would stop the array and switch them back to being XFS and reformat again.

For safety reasons, there is no easy way to format the drives.  Alternatively to formatting them you could also do from the command prompt

rm -rf /mnt/user/shareName

For each share you have in the system.

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Alternatively to formatting them you could also do from the command prompt

rm -rf /mnt/user/shareName

For each share you have in the system.

If you had any files actually at the top level of any disk instead of inside a top level folder, those wouldn't be touched because only folders at the top level of disks are part of user shares. For example, I have seen users put docker.img at /mnt/cache/docker.img. Since that is a file at the top level of cache, it isn't part of any user share.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

On 1/28/2022 at 1:05 PM, Darryn said:

Yes, I want to wipe everything :-)

I want to start off from a clean slate.

This is what I did,

1. Tools->new config

2. Open a terminal as root.  Where sd? is the actual drive device name, for each drive perform, # dd if=/dev/zero of =/dev/sd? count=640k

Note: This will erase the drive configuration and partition tables. To completely wipe all data on a hard drive, omit the count option. Depending on the drive, it could take several hours. SSDs may have a different drive prefix and need a special wipe utility for a secure erase.

3. Flash the USB stick with the latest Unraid USB Flash Creator.