[Solved] FCP warning: Share appdata set to use pool apps, but files / folders exist on the cache pool

FreeMan

When Fix Common Problems ran last night, it flagged this error:

Share appdata set to use pool apps, but files / folders exist on the cache pool

No changes have been made to my server, though I have been migrating data off of a drive that seems to be slowly dying.

There are absolutely appdata files on my cache drive, and by all appearances, they've been there since last October

image.png.af8e3c56fc29c6ba40ab5e4840a476c0.png

Also, you can see that some directories are duplicated across the two different locations.

1. If these directories on cache were created in October, why are they just now getting flagged as an error? Is this a new check?

2. Is there any option beyond going through each directory and file, comparing to see which version is the newest and manually merging them back into /mnt/apps from /mnt/cache?

nas-diagnostics-20220130-1300.zip

Edited by FreeMan

Possibly it is a new check - not sure :( 

The majority of the folders are NOT duplicated - for those you could simply move the folder across to the correct location (with the Docker sub-system stopped) and check the mapping is correct for those containers (either to /mnt/apps/appdata or to /mnt/user/appdata which are effectively the same).

• FreeMan changed the title to [Solved] FCP warning: Share appdata set to use pool apps, but files / folders exist on the cache pool