harddrive again ...

You are correct.  It has been locked out so it is not being diagnosed.  I wend into the syslog, reviewed that, and found a way to get at the smart on it.  It has 5 years and 9 months of life on it and when I look at the lock out event it had a large stack of IO faults.  I did check the cabling revealing no issues.  It is running 20 degrees F hotter than all the other drives.  With all the facts I did order some brand new drives that get here on Thursday.  It is running meantime one drive down with no problem.  I ignored all the feedback and attempted to shuck some MyBook's from a local store.  I ended up putting them back together and hooking them to my router.  The SMR design started throwing CRC's right out of the gate.  One of the local buy's was a WD Red drive and it was not SMR.  I always try to buy drives in blocks of three.  One goes in, during the rebuild another one goes out, that goes in and I have a spare for next.  I am almost done cycling through all the old hardware idea and am on mostly fresh brand new drives now.  Thanks for looking at that though.  I really appreciate you guys.