"Docker Service failed to start"

filetree

Yes, I've googled and searched the forums and could not find anything to help.

I had weird issues with a drive that randomly had xfs error, unmountable. ran xfs_repair and it fixed it, happened again a week or two later and xfs_repair fixed it. (No SMART errors or anythng)
Thinking it may have been a cable issue, but moving the entire system to a different chassis so I'll find that out then.

Now everything seems to be fine, but when I go to Docker I get "Docker Service failed to start." Rebooted and getting nothing.

attached diagnostics.

fileserver-diagnostics-20220207-1252.zip

Hmm so I did that, but now maybe 1/3 of the docker apps I had installed are showing up under Previous Apps.
I have done this before and they all showed up. Is there a way to "fix" this?

It looks like they're all still in /appdata/

EDIT: looks like they all loaded back themselves into the docker image somehow? just came back an hour later and they're there

Edited by filetree
17 hours ago, filetree said:

EDIT: looks like they all loaded back themselves into the docker image somehow? just came back an hour later and they're there

That doesn't make any sense.  If you deleted and recreated the docker image, no apps would be installed at all.  They will never just appear as being installed without you actually installing them.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:44 AM, Squid said:

That doesn't make any sense.  If you deleted and recreated the docker image, no apps would be installed at all.  They will never just appear as being installed without you actually installing them.

I agree, it does not make sense. Especially because some stuff was the same (torrent clients still had torrents in them), but some stuff like sonarr/radarr were wiped clean.

I'm about to move everything over to a new chassis and upgrade parity drive, so I may just start 1000% clean docker image.

7 minutes ago, filetree said:

(torrent clients still had torrents in them), but some stuff like sonarr/radarr were wiped clean.

That's normal.  It's because Appdata is separate from the docker image. (but it doesn't make sense that sonarr/radarr were "clean" - assuming that you checked off the same templates you already had installed when in Previous Apps)  The way that I read what you said was that the apps were already installed.