Fix Common Problems More Information Feedback

Squid

• Squid unlocked this topic
  • 8 months later...

Docker image file is getting full (currently xxx % used)

Is confusing if you don't use a Docker Image File, but have defined folder based.

Can you @Squid add a separate Error for this or extended the naming/description of the actual Error.

For example Docker Directory/Cache/Device/Path ... is getting full. (currently xxx % used)

Edited by Revan335
  • 6 months later...

Hey everyone - came home to a unclean shutdown.  Rebooted and am getting this error - 

Jun 9 15:25:09 Skynet root: mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 23: mcelog does not support this processor. Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead. Jun 9 15:25:09 Skynet root: CPU is unsupported

I haven't changed the CPU in months so its weird.  Just running a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core @ 3600 MHz.  Should I be worried?  That's the only MCE error I'm seeing in the syslog. 

• 1 month later...

No  Only Appdata. 

Additionally, if you are running a docker folder instead of a docker image you should NEVER run the new permissions tool against it's share (and this includes Docker Safe New Perms) as it's a guarantee that you will need to recreate the docker image afterwards.

14 hours ago, Squid said:

No  Only Appdata. 

Additionally, if you are running a docker folder instead of a docker image you should NEVER run the new permissions tool against it's share (and this includes Docker Safe New Perms) as it's a guarantee that you will need to recreate the docker image afterwards.

Can you add a Warning and exclude of the Default Docker/Folder Path /mnt/system/docker/?

Libvirt the same?

• 5 months later...

No, not many errors. I don't know what is meant by 'other spam.' My server runs fine, so I don't check the log very often. It was suggested in 'Fix Common Problems' that I should restart the server and post diagnostics here, so that is what I did. Maybe someone knows exactly what to look for?

• 4 weeks later...

Under 6.12.8:

Event: Fix Common Problems
Subject: Warnings have been found with your server.
Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems
Importance: warning

* Docker Patch Not Installed 

Is this a new Patch or a false positive from the past? The Docker Patch are included in earlier Version.

appdata                           shareUseCache="only"    # Share exists on cache, disk1
a-----e                           shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist
b-----s                           shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on disk1
c------e                          shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist
d--a                              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on cache, disk1, disk2
d-z                               shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on disk1
domains                           shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share exists on cache
isos                              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1
l--s                              shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on disk1
m---a                             shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist
n-------d                         shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on disk1
p------l                          shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on cache, disk1
system                            shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share exists on cache

You need to stop the docker service (Settings, Docker)

Then from shares change appdata to have the primary storage to be cache, secondary storage to be array, and mover action to be array -> cache

image.png

After applying, from Main, Array Operations hit Move.

After mover is finished (may take a bit) then you can re-enable the docker service in Settings, Docker.  The share settings are probably what you want anyways.