slowdown and logs full?

Not sure about the slowdown, difficult to read your log since it is spammed by

Mar  6 05:21:43 iron kernel: usb 1-14: new full-speed USB device number 117 using xhci_hcd
Mar  6 05:21:44 iron kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: Reading Intel version information failed (-22)
Mar  6 05:21:44 iron kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: Intel Read version failed (-22)
Mar  6 05:21:44 iron kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: Intel reset sent to retry FW download
Mar  6 05:21:44 iron kernel: usb 1-14: USB disconnect, device number 117

Do you use a Bluetooth dongle or is it something on your motherboard you don't need ?

In the second case, see if you can disable it in BIOS.

In any case, to clear your log you will have to reboot.

Share new diagnostics after BIOS changes and a reboot. If you cannot disable it in BIOS, there are other things to try.

I have a Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Master motherboard. After updating the bios, searching through the the bios settings,  and then scouring the internet; it appears that wifi and bluetooth can not be disabled from the bios. So I am kinda stuck with finding another way to deal with this. 

What should I try next?

3 hours ago, dgtlman said:

What should I try next?

I know that some of the guys have suggestions on things to remove those kind of things but I do not remember the details.

If no one propose a proper solution, I would try to stub the device as if to pass it to a VM so it does not load on boot (if I understand that part right). But since I am not that versed in those parts of the OS, maybe try that only if no one has a suggestion that works. :) 

1 minute ago, ChatNoir said:

I would try to stub the device as if to pass it to a VM so it does not load on boot (if I understand that part right). But since I am not that versed in those parts of the OS, maybe try that only if no one has a suggestion that works. :) 

If I understand correctly, in one of my VMs specify that the bluetooth is strictly associated with only that VM and not with Unraid. Correct?

@ChatNoir

This is what I look at to determine the above

Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: smpboot: CPU0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz (family: 0x6, model: 0xa5, stepping: 0x5)
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: CPU 0: Machine Check: 0 Bank 6: ee0000000040110a
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR fef1e680 MISC 43880004086 
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 0:a0655 TIME 1646861272 SOCKET 0 APIC 0 microcode ec
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: Performance Events: PEBS fmt3+, Skylake events, 32-deep LBR, full-width counters, Intel PMU driver.
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: ... version:                4
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: ... bit width:              48
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: ... generic registers:      4
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: ... value mask:             0000ffffffffffff
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: ... max period:             00007fffffffffff
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: ... fixed-purpose events:   3
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: ... event mask:             000000070000000f
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: rcu: Hierarchical SRCU implementation.
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: smp: Bringing up secondary CPUs ...
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: x86: Booting SMP configuration:
Mar  9 13:28:34 iron kernel: .... node  #0, CPUs:        #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8  #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15

First line is the start of bringing the cores online and it ends at the last line.  If there's an mce in the middle of it, its nothing to worry about.

• Upvote 1

Also, regarding the slowdowns, you might want to check the what the BIOS has for thermal TDP's.  Vast (ie: nearly every) motherboard manufacturer on the chipsets for the 10th and 11th gen CPUs figured it would be a good idea to do an "inherent" overclock on the CPUs by setting the TDPs to effectively be 4096 Watts and hope that the CPU would throttle itself down to prevent a nuclear accident in the case.  It should be illegal (but isn't).  Set your TDPs in the motherboard to be 65Watts, NOT auto (or 4096W)

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Also, regarding the slowdowns, you might want to check the what the BIOS has for thermal TDP's.  Vast (ie: nearly every) motherboard manufacturer on the chipsets for the 10th and 11th gen CPUs figured it would be a good idea to do an "inherent" overclock on the CPUs by setting the TDPs to effectively be 4096 Watts and hope that the CPU would throttle itself down to prevent a nuclear accident in the case.  It should be illegal (but isn't).  Set your TDPs in the motherboard to be 65Watts, NOT auto (or 4096W)

Thanks for parsing though this. I appreciate the explanation and the bios setting recommendation. I will make that update and see how it runs after that. Once again thank you!

1 hour ago, Squid said:

is thermal TDP the same as:

package power limit1 TDP (watts)

That is what is listed in my gigabyte bios for the z590 Aorus Master. 

Edited by dgtlman
error