Unraid ignoring minimum free space setting for a share

I just build a new Unraid server to act as a backup from my original. I created one share to receive the backups from the LuckyBackup docker running on the main server. I mounted the share via NFS through unassigned devices. I started the backup last night and opened the dashboard today to find a screen full of disk full warnings. The minimum free space on this share is set to 1TB but it wrote the drive to within 1GB of being full, even though there is almost 30 TB of free space on other drives (3 of them are empty). There is no cache pool on this server.

All of the data on drive 2 was moved there manually. I'm not sure the share has written any data to drive 2 from the NFS connection. 

Is Unraid supposed to respect the minimum free space setting over NFS? What else could be happening?

Unraid1.png

Unraid2.png

Edited by WalkerJ
6 hours ago, WalkerJ said:

Is Unraid supposed to respect the minimum free space setting over NFS?

Not sure that Unraid cares if it is SMB or NFS for that.

6 hours ago, WalkerJ said:

What else could be happening?

The 'Split level' is prioritized over 'Minimum free space'. Might be your issue ? 

7 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Not sure that Unraid cares if it is SMB or NFS for that.

The 'Split level' is prioritized over 'Minimum free space'. Might be your issue ? 

I didn't think I had any 4th level folders that would conflict with a 1TB free space setting, but maybe I do. I figured there had to be precedence rules but didn't know what they are. Are there other undocumented precedence rules?

This precedence behavior is not mentioned in the docs nor in-line help under split level or minimum free space. After seeing your reply I found the comment below that I completely agree with. This behavior is counterintuitive and undesirable in most circumstances. There should at least be a setting to choose which takes precedence. 

Edited by WalkerJ
1 hour ago, WalkerJ said:

This precedence behavior is not mentioned in the docs nor in-line help under split level or minimum free space.

It IS mentioned in the docs under Split Level where it says:

IMPORTANT: in the event of there being contention between the various settings for a share over which array drive to select for a file the Split Level setting always takes precedence. This can mean unRAID chooses a drive which does not have enough space for the file so that an out-of-space error subsequently occurs for the file.