How to customize container ports when connecting through another container

I'm not sure how to even ask this question, so I'm hoping that the examples below will help articulate the problem.

I have 3x separate containers of Deluge running and I'm trying to map them all through a NordVPN container.
467855136_CleanShot2022-03-23at16_51.53@2x.thumb.png.d2c94beadb55af49f0b386c6cb9c0d19.png

I can get the Deluge containers to work one at a time, but not all 3x at once because they're all trying to use the same ports.... I guess.

So if I try to access them locally (192.168.1.4:[port]) it doesn't work.

In the docker templates, I have them all as different ports 58846, 58847, 58849

But no matter how I try to define custom ports, these default ports are always defined.... somewhere.

I've tried:
- Changing the ports in the deluge config template, they are ignored and set to the defaults

- Changing the ports in the deluge client settings, they are ignored, the defaults are still set in the container and it doesn't work

- Changing the ports in the deluge client config files, the defaults are still set in the container and it doesn't work

No matter what, these defaults are the only thing that works no matter how I try to configure it.

Any ideas?

935421263_CleanShot2022-03-23at17_08.21@2x.thumb.png.cfef85c4e9a95ab462372e7d2fe8c8bf.png
Any ideas?

I don't set up any containers running through another for a VPN etc so I'm not going to be much help, but will say that if you're running the containers via another type of network other than bridge, all port mappings are ignored by definition.  So it won't work trying to map them to another port.