Had an unexpected reboot. It doesn't look like it was dirty.

It was clean, which removes all of the usual suspects for reboots.  Basically, it implies that you initiated the reboot somehow

BTW, you've got some plugin issues:

preclear.disk.plg - 2021.04.11  (Up to date)  (Incompatible)
statistics.sender.plg - 2017.09.22  (Up to date)  (Incompatible)

These should be removed and replaced with Unassigned Devices Preclear

Unraid-Kernel-Helper.plg - 2021.03.17  (Unknown to Community Applications)

This should be removed completely.

11 hours ago, Squid said:

It was clean, which removes all of the usual suspects for reboots.

Not quite, @Vannie.  You should now be looking at the reset button on the case.  Because of the LED lights behind and around this button, they are attractive to small children and pets. There have been a case or two when the actual button/wiring was defective.  (Some folks have actually pulled the connector from this switch off the MB header.  I don't know why anyone would need  to use this switch with an Unraid server...)

Not quite, @Vannie.  You should now be looking at the reset button on the case.  Because of the LED lights behind and around this button, they are attractive to small children and pets. There have been a case or two when the actual button/wiring was defective.  (Some folks have actually pulled the connector from this switch off the MB header.  I don't know why anyone would need  to use this switch with an Unraid server...)

I wish it was. In thinking maybe I kicked the plug or something. No kids, no pets in the study. It's a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 3 months later...
It was clean, which removes all of the usual suspects for reboots.  Basically, it implies that you initiated the reboot somehow

BTW, you've got some plugin issues:

preclear.disk.plg - 2021.04.11  (Up to date)  (Incompatible)statistics.sender.plg - 2017.09.22  (Up to date)  (Incompatible)

These should be removed and replaced with Unassigned Devices Preclear

Unraid-Kernel-Helper.plg - 2021.03.17  (Unknown to Community Applications)

This should be removed completely.

I found the issue Squid. Pure pebkac.

I have a 4 port kvm with single button switch that switches between my work laptop, vm, and unraid rig.
Work on port 1
VM on port 3
Unraid on port 4

So 2 quick taps without looking takes me from work to vm or back. If vm is asleep ctrl-alt-del wakes it up.

Unless 2 quick taps was actually 3 which means I’m connected to my unraid rig in which case it triggers a reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1