LSI 9240-8i not detected

Hello, my Unraid server configuration is:
- CPU: Intel i5-10400

- Mobo: Gigabyte H410M H V3

- LSI 9240-8i IT Mode (bought already flashed)

If I boot with CSM I don't see any loading of the LSI card and Unraid from the webGUI does not detect any drives attached to it. A led on the LSI card blinks.

If I enable CSM the system don't POST at all. The LSI card probably require legacy mode, but enabling it makes the computer not boot (I'm using the integrated GPU). Is it mandatory to enable CSM? Are there other options to check in the bios to make the LSI boot?

Edited by francescofact

Currently I have the UEFI version of Unraid, If I use the legacy version I cannot boot it. My problem is that if I enable CSM (for booting legacy I think it is required) my pc will turn on fans and leds, but no video output is produced. 

Also, to switch from legacy to UEFI can I just rename that folder or I should remake the usb?

Tried, still no video output (no BIOS at all also, as always when I have CSM enabled) and also I cannot see it from the router, so I think Unraid did not booted.

Is there a way to make the LSI card work in UEFI mode? Because I think my cpu don't support anymore legacy mode

Edited by francescofact

Have you gone into your bios and changed the pciE settings? I had a similar issue as you and had to go in and tell my bios that the pci-e slot I was using was "gen2" and then it worked fine. I went through all the CSM stuff as well and in the end, that setting didn't even matter for me (I'm on an Asus 12th gen board).

18 hours ago, crankyCowboy said:

Have you gone into your bios and changed the pciE settings? I had a similar issue as you and had to go in and tell my bios that the pci-e slot I was using was "gen2" and then it worked fine. I went through all the CSM stuff as well and in the end, that setting didn't even matter for me (I'm on an Asus 12th gen board).

Thank you, just tried, same scenario. 
If I disable CSM it will boot Unraid without LSI disks, if I enable CSM mobo don't post.

PCI speed x2 doesn't change anything

• 5 months later...