"Out Of Memory errors detected on your server" Message, unsure what to do?

mediaserver-diagnostics-20220501-1159.zip

Hi there,

This morning I woke up to a lovely message "Out of Memory errors detected on your server" "Your server has run out of memory, and processes (potentially required) are being killed off."

I have posted in here the diagnostics to see if someone can read and tell me what happened or what the issue could be.

Is it a simple thing that i need more ram? or that i was running to many things that required ram at one time?

Any assistance will be greatly appricated

Thanks,

disk.cfg docker.cfg domain.cfg flash.cfg go.txt ident.cfg network.cfg c---e.cfg share.cfg super.dat docker.txt libvirt.txt syslog.1.txt syslog.2.txt syslog.txt disk.cfg docker.cfg domain.cfg flash.cfg go.txt ident.cfg network.cfg c---e.cfg share.cfg super.dat docker.txt libvirt.txt syslog.1.txt syslog.2.txt syslog.txt mediaserver-diagnostics-20220501-1159.zip

One possible cause would be if one (or more) of your dockers are writing files to the RAM disk where Unraid is installed.  (Unraid is installed from scratch to that RAM  disk every time you reboot the system!)

This is usually caused by a typo in a container path that you added.  One thing to remember is that all physical devices in Unraid should be found under the /mnt  path.  Now for the word of caution:  A path that begins with /mnt/user0/ will be on a physical device.  One that begins   /mnt/User0/    will be in RAM.  The capital 'U' is the reason for this:  Linux is case sensitive!  You can also make  capitalization mistakes in a User Share name, so check carefully! 

Edited by Frank1940