[6.9.2] USB Randomly not bootable

I have a USB, specifically an ADATA UV128 8GB USB 3.0 I have installed unraid onto. While unraid works fine once booted up with this device, any time I need to reboot my device or if it powercycles due to losing power, it takes 10-20 tries to actually get my machine to detect the USB as bootable and then actually boot it.

When it fails to boot it simple says no bootable media found and sits at the screen despite the USB being plugged in. Ive tried flashing other USBs and trying them with unraid as well, such as a ADATA UV128 32gb, USB 3.2 device and it has the same issue.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

How are you running an array with that? USB not recommended for array or pool.

I am just running one disk/array at this point. It does not have anything critical on it. This was more for testing purposes. I wanted to make sure I could setup/run things as I wanted then was going to buy a new system where it could run. But this bootable issue is making me quite concerned about how reliable this will be if just booting is an issue.