[Solved]Cache disk full / readonly

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

For the past 2-3 weeks, my cache drive has become full. I tried running the mover and that did not cleanup the drive. I ran df and found that one of my dockers folder was not getting cleaned up. I dont need most of that data so I tried deleting it, but everytime I try it says read only file system. I have posted the diagnostics here..

this is btfrs.. i am running a backup of appdata, it is about 500GB, so take sometime. anyhelp would be great..

wmc-diagnostics-20220507-2208.zip

Edited by JBa
Reformatting solved the issue

You shoudn't be moving appdata from cache. At the command line

mover stop

Your main problem is all the cache-no shares with files on cache. Mover ignores cache-no shares. You must set these to cache-yes to get them moved.

Set your appdata, domains, system shares to cache-only for now so they will get ignored by mover until you make room on cache for them. You want these to stay on cache so dockers/VMs will perform better and not keep disks spunup since these files are always open.

Set the others to cache-yes, run mover. Not sure if it will work since you may have corrupted cache by filling it.

Try that and post new diagnostics

• JBa changed the title to [Solved]Cache disk full / readonly