V6.10 update > DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFN 0xf2827 already set........

New V6.10 update and now I see a series of DMAR errors popping up in the monitor

1343884631_2022-05-1917_47_37-Window.jpg.9d2af607a0f3cace223f20c2f7bc7091.jpg

I did a search and came across people suggesting doing a parity check. I just started one so we'll see what comes from that. I'll post diags if I keep seeing this pop up or if by request.

Edited by aglyons
  • aglyons changed the title to V6.10 update > DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFN 0xf2827 already set........

OK, parity check completed with 0 errors.

But, I have UnRaid set to send SNMP messages to my Synology log service. I am finding UnRaid sends a massive number of log messages all set as Log Severity of 'ERR'. I just received 376 log entries regarding....

2022/05/20 16:07:00 [error] 6727#6727: *904052 limiting requests, excess: 20.132 by zone authlimit, client: 192.168.200.254, server: , request: PROPFIND /login HTTP/1.1, host: knoxx

4 hours ago, G3rman said:

With the newer builds as well as 6.10.1 I'm seeing tons of these logs and my server will stop responding

randomly.

You must disable vt-d, v6.10.2 looks for that, there are stability issues, even some possible filesystem corruption if vt-d is enable with those servers, problem is believed to be caused by the NIC driver when vt-d is enable.

I just upgraded to 6.10.2 too and I see this error in the console.

I've had vt-d turned on since I've had this R710 server and have not had any stability issues or corruption as far as I can tell.

What else will disabling vt-d cause? I seem to recall turning it on for some reason. Maybe for GPU passthru?

There's mention in the release notes of the tg3 module causing problems. So I followed the directions to blank it out (even though it appears my NIC uses the bnx2 driver).

I now only see 2 of the errors. And I think I need vt-d turned on for GPU passthru.

Am I good to go?

I currently don't have any pass through enabled, heck I don't even have any VMs or Docker's installed yet. I also haven't come across any performance or system freezes. Everything seems to be working normal.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself lol