Cannot remove write protection.

Guys I am absolutely getting my butt kicked by this write protection. I can see my share from windows and I can access my data from windows but I cannot create a new folder or change security permissions at all. Furthermore I cannot create any new shares. When I attempt to create a share I name it and leave a comment then hit accept then the name goes blank and nothing happens after that. I don't get warnings or errors. I'm using a fresh install of Unraid on a new USB with a fresh key as of last night (all of this was an attempt to fix these issues from my previous install). I have run the "New Permissions" tool which did nothing. I also ran a complete parity check just to make sure. The only share I care about (Media) is set as follows: Export = yes, Case Sensitive = Auto, Security = Public. I have been fighting this thing for 6 months and I'm ready to burn it down. Can anyone please point me in a direction? I've been using Unraid for nearly a decade and its been so reliable that I haven't had much cause to learn more than was absolutely necessary so I just don't know what to do at this point. 

These forums are amazing. I had no idea there was a common problem app. Once I ran that it told me disk2 was mounted as write protected or completely full. My main screen is showing that less than half the disk space is used so I have to assume there is a write protection issue with the disk.  I'm running a disk check on it right now. I also took a look at the system log that I attached and although I have no real idea what I'm looking at I did a search for the word "error" and holy smokes its in there a bunch. I assume my disk is corrupted somehow but I don't know if its a bad drive or if it just has bad data. My temptation is to clear the disk and then remount it and let the parity rebuild it. Is that a bad Idea?

mediaslinger-diagnostics-20220523-2208.zip

Edited by IGotShocked

So I ran the disk check and this is what it said.

reiserfsck 3.6.27 Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md2

Will put log info to 'stdout'

###########

reiserfsck --check started at Mon May 23 21:24:43 2022

###########

Replaying journal:

Replaying journal: Done.

Reiserfs journal '/dev/md2' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed

Checking internal tree.. finished

Comparing bitmaps..Checking Semantic tree:

finished

2 found corruptions can be fixed when running with --fix-fixable

###########

reiserfsck finished at Mon May 23 21:38:30 2022

###########

vpf-10640: The on-disk and the correct bitmaps differs.

So Now what do I do? Should I just dump the drive? Clear it and let the parity rebuild it?

8 hours ago, MrGrey said:

anything is a good, safe idea...

Some things may not be a total disaster if you have good backups, but some ideas are definitely not good.

8 hours ago, IGotShocked said:

My temptation is to clear the disk and then remount it and let the parity rebuild it. Is that a bad Idea?

This is a bad idea. At best, it would be a waste of time, at worst, you could make a common mistake that would result in rebuilding an empty filesystem.