No /mnt/user directory

Go to solution Solved by SDC82,

Good Afternoon, 

I really hope somebody is able to help me out here as I'm banging my head. I'll do my best to layout all that I'm aware of, and all I did that probably made it worse.

Everything was plugging away fine this afternoon and seemingly stopped responding with all docker interfaces. I was seeing errors which said the drive was read only, which lead me to believe it was a disk issue.

I popped in another SSD, named it "newcache" and copied directories from the old to the new. I then changed all the shares from cache to new cache. This did not seem to help. I then ran a restore from  backup, and a few containers started but didn't seem to work.

Browsing the File System from the GUI shows only user0. When I open Midnight Commander I see the below screen shot with user?

Somewhere in the course of the day I went up to 6.10.2 and back down, so hopefully didn't make it worse. 

Diagnostics included. 

1610603610_Screenshotfrom2022-06-0317-13-18.png.b8c8a5edb5ed1c7e223908579a3485f1.png

bignas-diagnostics-20220603-1707.zip

First thing I would recommend is to stop overclocking the RAM, see here for max speed depending on config, 1866MT/s in your case, Ryzen with overclock RAM is known to in some cases corrupt data.

As for the pool best bet for the pool is to backup and re-format the device, then restore the data.

• Solution

RAM is not overclocked to my knowledge. If it is, it was default on the mobo as I've never changed it.

I have finally got back online and what a long journey it was.

New Cache

New Flash

Restore Cache from backup

Change Docker from File Folder to disk image

Recreate docker images

Some shares would still not create, appear as though the file exists but not accessible and could not mkdir. Created those shares under new names and modify docker accordingly.

No data loss other than most recent downloads and tdarr work in progress. Once I get brave I'm going to stop the array again and format the original cache and if it's working I'll test it as my tdarr dir.