refresh data on fragmented drives

I am wondering what the ramifications might be on rebuilding my drives with clean, unfragmented, data? I have copied everything over to a backup drive and would like to organize my server with specific files/folders. Other than the parity drive having to be re-built, would there be anything I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance for the advice. 

14 hours ago, ChipBuffalo said:

I am wondering what the ramifications might be on rebuilding my drives with clean, unfragmented, data?

Depends on does many file access in same time, no much help if only several ( i.e. media ) file access pattern.

14 hours ago, ChipBuffalo said:

would there be anything I should be aware of?

Avoid duplicate file/directory copy back especially structure have change. Use copy instead move from backup to array always better as you have single source only.

Edited by Vr2Io
On 6/6/2022 at 10:50 AM, ChipBuffalo said:

I am wondering what the ramifications might be on rebuilding my drives with clean, unfragmented, data? I have copied everything over to a backup drive and would like to organize my server with specific files/folders. Other than the parity drive having to be re-built, would there be anything I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance for the advice. 

Unless you set a new config and change the logical layout of the drives, no need to rebuild parity. It can stay valid while you reformat the disks and copy data back to them. Parity doesn't hold file data, the entire formatted file system is all part of parity, so reformatting the drives doesn't upset parity, it can stay in sync the whole time.