Need Some Help

Go to solution Solved by glbjr29,

I have a issue I hope someone can help me out. I have a supermicro X8DAH wit dual X5690's in it. I had 2 lsi 9211 8i in it. I received another on today and flashed it to IT mode. I removed my Unraid flash drive so I could  flash the 9211 card. when I was finished I powered off my server and re-inserted the unraid flash drive and it will not boot to my unraid. Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

Difficult to say without more information on what is happening.

Have you checked that the Unraid flash device is still set as the default boot device?

Yes it is. When it get to the part where it starts to load the os it just has a flashing under score and just sits there.

2 hours ago, glbjr29 said:

I think it is legacy. 

Does your flash drive have a folder named 'EFI' ? This would mean boot UEFI

Or is that folder name 'EFI-' ? This would mean boot Legacy

Perhaps you had to boot one way for your IT firmware, and another way for your Unraid, and now your BIOS doesn't match the method Unraid needs.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Does your flash drive have a folder named 'EFI' ? This would mean boot UEFI

Or is that folder name 'EFI-' ? This would mean boot Legacy

Perhaps you had to boot one way for your IT firmware, and another way for your Unraid, and now your BIOS doesn't match the method Unraid needs.

Has a EFI folder

10 hours ago, trurl said:
10 hours ago, glbjr29 said:

Has a EFI folder

So you must set your BIOS to boot UEFI.

Just a quick note, EFI folder allows UEFI boot, but it doesn't require it, i.e., if the folder is named EFI you can boot Unraid legacy or UEFI, if the folder is named EFI- you can only boot Unraid in legacy/BIOS mode.

6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Just a quick note, EFI folder allows UEFI boot, but it doesn't require it, i.e., if the folder is named EFI you can boot Unraid legacy or UEFI, if the folder is named EFI- you can only boot Unraid in legacy/BIOS mode.

My folder is EFI-. Not sure my server can run UEFI.