Stale Configuration

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I had a genius show up at my house and shut off the main breaker without telling me; UPS lasted long enough for me to just get there and watch it shut down... FML. Now I'm getting a stale configuration error when starting the array. I fear I have made it worse by removing a drive and re-adding it; now disk 6 is emulated. How screwed am I?

tower-syslog-20220622-1307.zip

tower-diagnostics-20220622-0914.zip

Edited by Tetromino
Just now, Tetromino said:

It says device contents emulated on disk 6.

Where does it say that? Diagnostics doesn't say disk6 is missing or disabled, it says invalid, which leads me to believe it had already begun rebuild.

But, from diagnostics, it doesn't look like the array had even been started since last reboot, so nothing was being emulated. Maybe you stopped rebuild and rebooted before getting those diagnostics?

Can you give more complete description of everything you have done?

Sorry to clarify: I unassigned the disk -> reassigned it -> then started the array in maintenance mode; disk 6 was assigned when starting the array (I did not start the array with an unassigned disk) After which I noticed the "device contents emulated" icon on disk 6. Its quite possible I interrupted something but there was no indication or warning of doing so.

• Solution
12 minutes ago, trurl said:

But the screenshot shows array stopped.

That's because of this pesky "stale configuration" error, array is starting, just not showing in the GUI, make sure there are no other browser windows open in the GUI, including phones or tab, also clear browser cache.

From earlier this morning on a different pc.  Would rebooting unraid + clearing browser cache on my current pc clear the stale configuration GUI error?

Thus far I have closed all open browser windows, cleared browser cache & rebooted my machine. Still getting the GUI error.