Boot up problems

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hi, 

Just bought some new 12Tb hardrives and went to install and them and now cannot boot the server. Tried removing the new drives and still no GUI to log into. I usually run headless but I have attached the monitor to the server but when I boot there is no supermicro bois flash screen like you would usually get and that bit is new, never had that problem. Other then that everything sounds like normal when booting. Not sure what to do next ? This machine has been pretty rock solid for 5 years

Sounds like you may have disturbed some cabling. Try verifying and reseating all the motherboard connections.

19 minutes ago, demon1 said:

when I boot there is no supermicro bois flash screen like you would usually get

Do you get the Unraid boot selection screen where you select safe mode, gui mode, memtest, etc?

Hi Jonatham,

So I pulled my graphics card and the boot screen showed up when connected to the motherboard and  it does all the sumermicro / mellanonox boot screens but its telling me  it cannot find any boot media. I pulled my usb key and connected it to my pc and it seems fine. I do not think I disturbed any cabling as its a server rack and I was adding drives to caddy's at the front of it and the usb key sits inside the machine. 

PS Thanks for the great software