6.9.2 prompts to reboot when viewing VM Manager in Settings

Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

If I simply go to the VM Manager page under the Settings tab, I immediately get prompted to reboot the server even though nothing was changed.

I'm told this is not normal.

Can someone confirm this is not normal behavior and help me understand why I see this behavior?

If I reboot it goes away. Until I hit the VM Manager icon again. When I look at it, it's in Basic View.

root@server:~# cat /boot/config/domain.cfg
SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="no"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/"
MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/isos/"
VIRTIOISO="/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.190-1.iso"
BRNAME="br0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"
HOSTSHUTDOWN="shutdown"
TIMEOUT="180"

Edited by nraygun

I tried a few things and still get the reboot message at the top:

1. Copied the domain.cfg to domain.old, deleted the file, then had unRaid recreate the file. I rebooted, then went to the VM Manager area, and it still has the reboot message at the top.
  2. Tried uninstalling the My Server plugin (read somewhere that was causing issues for someone) and I still get the message.
  3. Tried a different browser - PaleMoon in MX Linux
Edited by nraygun

Just to make sure, I created another trial instance and booted a laptop with an extra USB to act as the array.

I went into Settings, then VM Manager, and it did NOT display the reboot message.

So I guess there's something wrong with my main unRaid system. 😞

Since I purchased a license for my main system, is there some sort of formal support path I need to engage? I'd like to get this resolved.

On 7/19/2022 at 4:50 PM, trurl said:

Maybe there is something wrong with domain.cfg that doesn't up in the webUI or diagnostics, or get fixed when you edit it. Try renaming it so it doesn't get loaded when you reboot.

I tried moving domain.cfg around before.

On 7/6 I tried this: "Copied the domain.cfg to domain.old, deleted the file, then had unRaid recreate the file. I rebooted, then went to the VM Manager area, and it still has the reboot message at the top."

This time, if I read your suggestion correctly, I just deleted the domain.cfg file then rebooted. When I went to go look at the VM Settings, I got the prompt again at the top to reboot.

I just put the settings back to the way they were (had copied the original domain.cfg somewhere else) and tested a few VMs to make sure they still work. They do.

Not sure where to go from here.

Tried a few more things.

1. Tried Edge from a Windows VM. Thought maybe Firefox in Linux was doing something weird. Nope. Same problem.

2.I see the following in the HTML/script of the page. Is that php script changing the file for no reason? I can see the file change when entering the page and upon reload. Is there a way to see this "data" object before and after it goes to the php script? Note that I don't know Javascript nor PHP.

$.post("/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/include/VMajax.php", {action:'reboot'}, function(data){
    var rebootMessage = "VM Settings: A reboot is required to apply changes";
    if (data.modified) addRebootNotice(rebootMessage); else removeRebootNotice(rebootMessage);
  });

• 2 weeks later...