RESET EVERYTHING EXCEPT Disk Assignments and Shares

Been having issues with my unraid that have just recently snowballed into one major issue. I want to start fresh but i want to keep my Shares, disk assignments and all my data on my array. Which files should I keep in config? 

Also, is it worth just backing up what I need and wiping the entire flash drive and starting over then copying the key and important file back or best to just delete some config files? 

Shares as just all the top level folders, and new ones would be created, but with the default settings, if you want to keep current share settings copy all the files from /config/shares, for the array assignments you need /config/super.dat, and for the pool(s) the /config/pools folder, assuming v6.9 or newer.

Best to backup, re-create the flash drive and copy just what you need.

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, JorgeB said:

Shares as just all the top level folders, and new ones would be created, but with the default settings (...)

Can that be a problem? I really want to redo everything, even permissions to my shares. I really just want to keep my files at this point. My server, for whatever reason, is freezing. Sometimes it feels like it's just the web interface of unRAID and Docker services that also have web interface, like the services are still running. The VM services actually crash the server, so haven't been using VMs for months now. I really don't know what's happening, that's why I want to refresh the server and just keep the files on my array and cache and start using fully making use of the server again.

Edited by mizifih
1 minute ago, trurl said:

Your storage will still contain the appdata for each of your containers, and it will also contain docker.img and libvirt.img. So if you really want to eliminate all traces of your previous dockers and VMs, you should delete those.

Oh yeah! I'll set up all the containers again, I wont even use their templates, if for some miracle they survive the reinstall. But I'm not actually using an image. Recently, I changed from image to a directory, trying to solve the problem. One thing I never did was trying to remove all virtualization settings, but virtualization is turned off anyways, don't know if that could cause the system crash when disabled.

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

What problem?

The system halting. It's size was ok, I mean, I think it was at least, I didn't get any warnings and it was far from being full last time I checked, but I changed thinking it could be something with the docker service and I changed in an attempt to solve the system halting problem. But I'm tired of checking where it could be, I believe starting over (keeping my files) will be better. This system was installed a long time ago, I've updated it a few times and, honestly, the problem could be very well me doing something wrong and irreversible at some point and I can't recall what could it be. I'm not very linux savvy, I can use it, but I don't understand most of it. I understand how docker containers work, how VM work, but linux itself, I don't know much about it.