35MB/s Parity Sync

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi, just come back to UNRAID after a long time away. I've got everything set up after copying all my data about to get my drives XFS formatted. Anyway, I've just started doing a parity sync and I'm only getting around 35MB/s. When I was moving all my data (format disk1 to XFS, copy ext4 disk2 to disk1, format disk2 to XFS and so on) I was getting 70-110MB/s.

I've searched and it seems these kind of issues always need "diagnostics" which I've attached. Of course I can provide any other info that may be required, one thing that I think may be worth mentioning is that I'm using this SATA card with all of my array drives plugged into it:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09F2KB143/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My mobo doesn't have a 4x PCIe slot so I've got it in a 16x slot.

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes a look :)

homeserver-diagnostics-20220713-0936.zip

Wow that was a quick response, thanks. Could you confirm my understanding of the thread you linked to? The Samsung drives (which are 10 years old at this point!) don't like AHCI? I've got enough free space to drop those out of the array so might look to drop them out and eventually replace with a new single 4TB drive - if my understanding is correct :)

1 hour ago, smiffy1989 said:

It seemed to only increase to around 40MB/s to begin with but now up to about 80MB/s :)

And you removed any and all your array drives from off the controller card mentioned? (Because it uses port multipliers which provides slower performance when all drives are in use)