After 3 years Unraid is being wonky, dockers are not working, drives keep failing

• 2 weeks later...

I shut everything down and checked the connections on drive 6. After rebooting ran xfs_repair again and I still have the same error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 67108872 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(522) : eval()'d code on line 735

I tried running `xfs_repair -n` from ssh and I get this:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
bad primary superblock - bad magic number !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
.found candidate secondary superblock...
unable to verify superblock, continuing...
............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             ............................................................................................................................................                                             .....................................................................................................................................................................                    .....................................................................................................................................................................                    .....................................................................................................................................................................                    ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It keeps going printing dots. I am assuming this could take awhile?

Edited by thebedivere
48 minutes ago, thebedivere said:

Trying to run xfs_repair from the UI and I see this error:

fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 67108872 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(522) : eval()'d code on line 735

That seems like a browser problem, did you try clearing browser cache?

18 minutes ago, thebedivere said:

tried running `xfs_repair -n` from ssh

What was the exact command you used?

That is definitely the wrong command in more than one way.

The webUI knows the correct command.

The correct command for the command line is documented, but not always understood.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Running_the_Test_using_the_command_line

If you were trying to repair disk sde that was not assigned to the array, then you didn't specify the partition, so it would be sde1 instead of sde.

Since you were trying to repair a disk that was in the array, then you must specify the md device or you will invalidate parity, so in this case it would be md6 instead of sde.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, trurl said:

did you try clearing browser cache?

Cleared cache in normal window, but still running in fresh incognito windows so there is no cache.

The only way to remove that error from the UI and be able to run xfs_repair again is to reboot the system.

Edited by thebedivere

I followed the rest of the steps in the wiki link (which I have also done before, just not from the command line) and drive 6 is once again mounted and green, thanks for the assist with that.

image.thumb.png.d803dae2272ac66aa6b635f19a6b95ad.png

I am waiting on the replacement for drive 7 and hopefully that puts everything back in the green.

I am still not sure I have figured out the root of my issues with drive failures and overall system instability. I did replace the sata card, but I still had drive 6 fail to mount after being fine for a week or so.