We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Cache Pool Question

Hello, I was working on replacing my cache drive, but I think I may have done it in an odd way. Before I started I had two 480GB SSDs in there functioning as the Cache pool. I added two 2TB NVMes to the cache pool and let it rebuild/balance. Then later I removed one SSD from the pool. I want to remove the second one as well so I was reading this from the FAQs 

and I am unsure what cache profile my drives are in. My first instinct after reading that was transfer everything off the cache drive and then remove the second SSD just to be safe, but that would take at least a day or two to transfer everything. So my question is, how can I find out if it is ok to just pull out the second SSD? I attached diagnostics just in case. Thanks!

hulk-diagnostics-20220729-1556.zip

Thanks just to confirm are you referring to this?

image.thumb.png.b95a136ec587e849d5f68fc285a83e6f.png

I saw that and it said Data, RAID1: total=428.00GiB, used=398.12GiB, so with those size indicators, I thought that it was still only using the old drive as that was the size of it. In this scenario though, all three drives in there now have the same data on them (RAID1) correct? Just trying to understand the working of the cache pool better, thanks!

Yes, that will show the profiles in use, both data and metadata should only be using one profile, and both raid1 in this case.

The old device was still part of the pool, doesn't really matter if there's data there or not to remove the device, except for the time it will take, for a more detailed view you can use in the console:

btrfs fi usage -T /mnt/cache